• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: WTF!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 08:18:55 PM »
Pete.
Totally agree with you what a word sandcast is but even though I do not nor want one all of a sudden 250 quid for a genuine seat is CHEAP.Now whats your restore worth?Bin bags and cutting corners now seem the way.My comments are not for you,you have sense.
What do you think?
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 09:08:54 PM »
It's probably the same starter used in all the models, just happened to come out of a sandcast. Or is it visibly different?
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 12:18:15 AM »
After finding the rarity and exorbitant  prices for CB750K0 plastic bodied clocks after I bought my K0, when it came to buying a CB250K0 to restore (which also has plastic ones) I got slightly carried away !!  (see pic). Plus there are three more pairs of metal body ones not in the pic. Utter madness  ;D

Cheers ... AshD

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 07:54:29 AM »
And i wondered why i was always out bid on ebay when looking for a clock ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 08:00:10 AM »
Well spotted !!! CB250,350,CL350,SL350, some are CB450K metal ones. Enough there to make one decent set though for my 250SS :D and mechanisms are the same, just different faces.

I got them all from the same source, from a guy called Barry in Minnesota. I think he was a rep for years and scoured the USA for bikes during his normal day-to-day business and just stored them in lots of trailers /containers. Then a few years ago he sold all the rare stuff to fund a building to sell parts from. Most of the plastic speedos are well below sub 10k miles.  He threw in some CB500/550/750 larger ones too for free  but they were not in the best of condition and no plastic 750K0 ones!

Problem now is the cost of posting from the USA and custom charges . VAT etc. Just not really worth it any more, using 'standard' shipping methods.

Cheers..... AshD

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:29:05 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal