Author Topic: December - Not a good month.....  (Read 4881 times)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: December - Not a good month.....
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »
Nice update john. Did you get anywhere with the tank Trims? Did oddjob lend you his set to copy?

Offline Atodini

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 05:45:34 AM »
Finally back on the road...... And running excellently as well so I'm a happy bunny again.

Still some minor setting up to do but at least I'm up and running again.... The chrome tank trim is not original by the way, but a "universal" one bought off e-bay. Looks good though and will be fine until I can source a correct set.

John
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:47:37 AM by Atodini »

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 07:16:50 AM »
Looks a lot better than the last time i saw it. I was wondering how it was going. Nice bike now.

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 10:17:33 AM »
A real beauty! hope mine looks as good when I get it finished!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 12:21:43 PM »
Oddjob
He must be in France
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 01:05:39 PM »
well done,after the fire I would have been in tears,

lovely to see a black one as well,and you have the weather just right to get some miles on it,

hope mine looks as good soon,

John W
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Atodini

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 06:07:31 PM »
I was going to put the tank trims on E-Bay in a few weeks and see how much they go for. All the trims are there but for some reason I can't find any of the links which cover the joins between each part, these however are still obtainable from CMS so not a real problem. I do have 1 left of them, no idea why just 1 and where the others went. They all sat in the bottom box of my carpenters toolbox for years and years but of course as soon as I went to get them, no joints  >:(

If you want to make an offer on them I'd be willing to consider it.

Notice the mirrors are off something like a CB250N, the CB900FZ mirrors are the same only black and that's what mine is wearing, for some reason they suit the bike better than chrome ones even though the OE mirrors were chrome.

Also, doesn't the tax disc need to be on the N/S of the bike so it can be read from the pavement?

Done a fine job on that, lots of new bits I can see, betting that wasn't cheap in the end.

You're right about the tax disc...... Still, shouldn't ever need another one as the tax on it runs out a month after they are to be abolished....... Unless the government changes its mind that is. I'd personally rather keep tax discs but I suppose they (think they) know best.......

Yes I would be interested in the tank trims but I've no idea what to offer as I've never actually seen any sold to give me an idea. I still reckon on trying to get a few sets made up from the pattern......

I've no idea what the mirrors are from - they came in a job lot of Honda bits I bought yonks ago and fitted so I fitted them. They are not that brilliant, quality- wise though so will likely be changed for better ones at some time.

The total cost wasn't as much as I feared but still considerable but I've been told (by Buzzard Mc/s, my bike was itemised in their claim) to expect a payment from the insurance company in the near future - no idea how much yet though. Not holding my breath....... Any contribution will be useful though!

John

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal