Author Topic: engine removal hell !  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: engine removal hell !
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 08:16:26 PM »
Yep
Dead right but a barrel connected to a pump while you are doing all this graft is perfect.Will look into that here will make cold wet shit weather much more enjoyable.You agree?
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 08:19:41 PM »
Good idea Bitsa, Put a beer pump on the bike bench. Never thought of that one and cheaper than going to the pub.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 08:25:47 PM »
Spot on again Trig
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 08:28:45 PM »
took the oil filter off but the top cover wont come off as all the screws are hard down. However the book says just taking the inspection covers off is enough.
Looks like i need an impact driver then? I also though it didn't mention taking the cover off so as not to damage the rockers etc???
The video i watched (cant find it now) had the cover on too.
Antony, I didn't take anything off mine except the carbs and oil filter, the only thing that made it awkward was taking it out with the frame upright, the engine is heavy and difficult to grip, I put straps around it and used a wooden beam with a person at each end lifting and me manouvering the engine, it took about 45 mins and was difficult to do, lucky not to get trapped fingers etc,  when I put it back in the engine was in the same configuration, however it was incredibly easy this time because I was able to manoeuvre the frame around the engine because in comparison it's light and easy to handle, I got a mate over to help me and it took less than 10 mins, I'm sure that removing the engine would have been just as easy if I had lain the bike on its side, so don't take anything off that you don't have to, your just increasing the risk of damaging something.
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 08:41:41 PM »
Mark.
Seriously with a mate who's done it with you b4 POP.I know you are going to know all arse but honestly I have done all the 60s to 70s engines and most of them had to come out to get the head off etc real easy as most wife's,girlfriends would say its all in the wrist actions honestly it is.When you are ready stay cool with a mate and sorry to say most of it is up and under.Lift up at the front and slide the arse out and straight out the right side.Same going back but if you only do this once in a life time its a frackin nightmare
Dont kid your self this is going to be a git forget and just do it.
Cheers
Bitsa
Even the little ones were a bastard 125,175.200 etc

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal