Author Topic: Anyone know how an aquablaster works  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know how an aquablaster works
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 01:25:04 PM »
Trig/Lester
Found the site take a look all in French though
www.decapsoft.com/restauration-automobile/decapage-carrosserie/
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 01:49:27 PM »
Bitsa, did not see any feathers or go go girls  :'(. That is bead blasting mate.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 07:09:18 PM »
If you use Google Chrome it will translate that page.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 07:26:54 PM »
Lester,
What did you think? I did not think it was normal bead blasting the stuff I saw was like the feel of feathers very soft and no pitting on metal surfaces as I said the paint shop guys were over the moon with it.
With usual bead etc everything came back with bits all over it this does not.
Cheers
Bitsa
Trig ever been to France?If you have I bet it was to see the moulin rouge.
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 08:46:04 PM »
Sorry Bitsa, France is not for me. Even when i drive down to Venice or Ancona to catch the boat to Greece, i avoid France. Did work in Nice when i was 16, selling ice cream on the beach and being chased by plod.
There are so many different types of bead these days, even poly bead. Very soft.

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 09:39:09 PM »
It could be any sort of poly media as Trig says. I mean walnut shells are even used so anything goes really.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »
Les, i have a blasting media book from a supplier that has 24 types of media per page and has 38 pages. Try Peppercorns or Ceramic beads in 124 different grades.   

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 08:58:46 AM »
Trig,
I love the country but hate the rest,there is good and bad with all countries but here frustration is the big no no for me.Nothing is simple here.The best is price of booze,no road tax and no MOTS for bikes.I think thats about it.
Cheers
Bitsa

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 10:20:07 AM »
I used to stay in a Gite in a Brittany village about ten years ago. The last time I was there they had this village fete thingy and invited us to go along when I was in the village store. When we arrived they insisted on my family members all sitting at separate tables so that we had to 'mingle'. There was something special about it, a real sense of camaraderie among the locals, that you just don't seem to get quite the same of here. They all took their old farm machinery and paraded it like it was a pristine 'E' type. Nothing was restored just like 'barn' finds. I was like something from the 50's in the UK.  I guess you just have to accept their idiosyncrasies and try to integrate as much as you can.

Cheers ... Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 02:21:06 PM »
Ash,
Been to Brittany and you are right.Where I am it is nothing but farmers who think a good time is a bottle of wine and to feast at the spring fair on a giant omelette.After 14 years of it can no longer stomach it.Will soon hopefully will be moving on to a busier part or back to blighty.Also they all have the biggest and newest tractors I have ever seen and they portray themselves as skint!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Bitsa
PS sorry to get off the main subject guys.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »
Sorry from to for getting off subject !

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal