Other Stuff > Misc / Open

Anyone also own a Classic Car too?

(1/5) > >>

AshimotoK0:
My resto's are always severely hampered by lack of space due to the MG Midget (crabby rubber bumper one) which has languished in my garage for 20 years. I bought it in 1986 after I finished my 400/4 resto, to 'teach myself' to MIG weld. Certainly got lots of practice on it !!  Bl**dy thing attracts the field mice from the farm opposite too !

Anyone else a 'classic' car owner too?

Cheers ...AshD

Bryanj:
Not a Classic but a Kit car in the garage plus an L200 mitsi and a pug406 hdi to keep going!!

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on May 20, 2014, 08:19:01 AM ---Not a Classic but a Kit car in the garage plus an L200 mitsi and a pug406 hdi to keep going!!

--- End quote ---

I had a 'Nova' Kit car once Bryan  (electro hydraulic canopy, NOT Vauxhall !!). Bought it for £1500 and 'flipped' it a month later for £2500 !! Sheer luck, bought it off someone I worked with who was leaving, then met someone on holiday by chance who wanted one. Next thing I knew he arrived to see it, slapped his MGB tax disc on it and disappeared to Newcastle area.

Cheers  .. Ash

florence:
I have a 1969 Series IIa Land Rover which has been in the family for decades and simply maintained and used.  Not so much a classic as a workhorse.  I suppose it has become classic by default.  Sadly, as with all these things, too many people are collecting them now which means some spare parts are slowly becoming expensive.  It is extremely easy to repair any part of it with the simplest of tools. 

(the tree is not resting on the roof!)

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on May 20, 2014, 12:54:45 PM ---I had a 1953 Standard Vanguard until a few years ago. My dad gave it to me many many years ago along with a Council garage to store it in, it had 3 gears, bench seats and column change. weighed over 2 tons and was so solid I could hit the paintwork with a hammer and not leave a mark. Even had those indicators where a little arrow would stick out of the side of the cars between the front doors.

It sat in the garage for over 35 years on bricks, water drained etc, I wanted some space to work on a mini I was restoring so I used the cranking handle to wind the car out of the garage and put the mini in, I went for dinner and when I came back some tosser had nicked it. Seems some scrap dealer spotted it and hoisted it onto the back of a wagon with a HIAB, never did find it and never knew if it had been sold or scrapped. Might search the reg number and see if it's still on the road somewhere.

--- End quote ---

Yes I remember that model, my stepfather had one in the '60's 1949 (first year) with a beetle back. Same engine as early TR's I think.

Thought this was a bike forum  ;D Oh dear I instigated this discussion  ;)

Cheers ... AshD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version