Author Topic: Wheel Rims  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Wheel Rims
« on: September 09, 2014, 03:30:12 PM »
Hi Guys
Has anyone tried one of those cheapo front rims that DS sells for £29 plus tax?The next rim oem replacement £85 plus tax.Does that speak for its self?
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel Rims
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 03:55:26 PM »
He gave us a good write up on the three grades he  sells (400/4) I am at work at the 'mo but I can search my post later on if you can't find it Bitsa.

Cheers Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 04:04:36 PM »
I can probably summarise DSS' comments as "you get what you pay for"...
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 04:34:59 PM »
He gave us a good write up on the three grades he  sells (400/4) I am at work at the 'mo but I can search my post later on if you can't find it Bitsa.

Cheers Ash

"David Silver Spares wrote: "Hi Ashley Derrick, cannot seem to log in, have registered and been accepted. Here is my Resonse : DID rims; definetely the Rolls Royce of wheel rims and suppliers to Honda as original equipment rims. Of course, these are the most expensive but we stock them for all SOHC's. Union Cycle rims; Made in Thailand, quality OK, have had some CB400F's where the holes needed reaming out slightly. OK for a wheel builder to build, tricky for individuals if this is found. Only available for smaller bikes up to CB400F, have used them many times on our own CB400F restorations. Sumitomo rims: The 'Lada' rim, fits, works but the joins are crude (agricultural) and the chrome is not the best. Chinese made but to be fair, a price to match and if you don't intend to fit it to a show bike but one that will get occasional use in Summer, this rim will be fine. Only available for CB500-750's. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for and by keeping 3 brands we are trying to suit all requirements and pockets."
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:03:10 PM »
Told you...

A good, honest answer from the seller.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »
Thanks guys just as I thought.I think you all know what I will get.On another note he is cheaper than the dutch mob but even stephens with all the other stuff.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal