Author Topic: Correct bead grade for blasting  (Read 864 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Correct bead grade for blasting
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:04:56 AM »
Anyone out there know the correct grade of glass beads to blast 1) crankcase covers/hubs 2) Cylinder heads / barrels (cast finish). The parts were all painted silver as standard so the surface needs to be correct to take paint, not polished. I will be using dry blaster cabinet  we recently bought at work and we have a 'massive' compressor linked to it, so no probs with air supply.

I have been offered two grades out of the many variants the supplier sells, as samples of my choice, just need to establish which ones to try out.

Cheers  ....Ash
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:36:41 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Correct bead grade for blasting
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:56:11 AM »
Ash, i have always found that soda is one of the best media's for getting the engine up to paint standard (and it just washes out with water) . Not sure what Pete used for the sand cast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »
Yo chaps I have  just found a free internet on the beach here in mallorca  so sad as it is I can keep up the chat even on holiday
Anyway I find the fine block paving sand is an excellent blasting media, you just have be certain to degrease and mask up all  oil passages also washing off many time after blasting to remove any particals,
Pete

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 03:07:38 PM »
Who's looking after the rabbit Pete???? ;D
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 03:15:15 PM »
He is on the beach here with me, although he is struggling to apply the sun cream over all that fur

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal