Author Topic: UK light switch on a US bike..Help!  (Read 3981 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: UK light switch on a US bike..Help!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 08:41:28 AM »
Hi Mick,

Have not studied the diagrams and at work at 'mo. However, if you took a wire from the headlamp main beam,dip and parking and fed two through diodes as shown, I am sure this would work.
I have loads of the diodes.

Cheers ... Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline kettle738

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 09:13:17 AM »

Hi Ash, thank you for that.....did I mention I'm a complete numb nut with electronics, the very mention of resistors, diodes, ohms etc etc brings down an impenetrable fog......I just don't get it....if it's mechanical though it's a different matter.

However, even a bear of very little brain sort of gets something right occasionally.......I do realise the power to the rear light is the brown lead, which on the GL1000 disappears into the guts of the machine but should be traceable.

I was hoping  to locate that, interrupt it and link it to the newly switched headlamp circuit........or is that way too simplistic?

Best..........Mick. 

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »
You should find it at the ignition switch or at worst the fusebox mate and you are correct in that it is the easiest way---might be brown/blue though

Offline kettle738

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »

Thank you for that...........I'll see what I can do.

Mick...........kettle738

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal