Author Topic: just a hello  (Read 2798 times)

ed75

just a hello
« on: August 17, 2006, 12:33:05 AM »
Hello all,new to these forums but might be using them a lot in near future.recently acquired a 77 cb750 f2,in bits,incomplete & neglected. At the moment i have a frame with engine,handlebars,forks,front wheel & front indicators.the bike had been stood like this,outside,uncovered with exhaust ports unplugged.as I'm writing this i feel I'm either nuts or very naieve,possibly both,and beginning to understand why even the previous owner tried to discourage me, (was given to me instead of being scrapped).still waiting for rest of bike apart from side panels & rear panel, (all very rare i believe) and probably a lot more besides.will post some pics for your amusement soon.hope theres people here that can give some technical help,but now i feel i need more mental help than anything?!!   :laugh: :ohmy: :unsure: :whistle:

jimshea

Re:just a hello
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 09:31:32 AM »
Welcome. You have taken on a lot, but the end result will be well worth it.
Keep in touch, there are people who can give you gfreat advice here.
Are you from the UK?
Cheers,
Jim.

Offline JonnyB

• SOHC Pro
  • Repeat: It's only a Hobby, It's only a Hobby....
    • View Profile
    • BatchScan
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 11:41:31 AM »
Welcome ed,

I bought my first CB750 in a cardboard box, didn't know much then, (actually don't think I do now).

I bought it as a \"Sanity Project\", to get me away from the computer, (thats's what I do all day - Surf the net, well someone has to).

6 years later it's basiclly running has MOT tax and it's great to be on the road.

Now I'm build another one as a Cafe Racer,

:silly:  I'm Hooked :silly:

I've now taken up fishing again to get me out of the shed :P
Regards and Ride Safe!!

Daily Ride - BMW K1200GT
Summer Fun - Naked K100
Current Project - GS500E
Basket Case -  K100/1200 hybrid 
Lawnmower - 1965 Webb Delux 14" Close Cut Battery Electric.

John

https://batchscan.co.uk/

ed75

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 03:22:15 PM »
Hi Jim & John, thanks for the welcome & yes I am in U.K, I live in North Wales.It's quite a daunting task ahead,but gonna wait until I've got the head off before i commit myself to this bike.If there's rust in the cylinders does this mean a re-bore, as i don't think this expense is within my budget at the moment (how much is this anyway?).So far all I've spent is a few quid on a manual (cb750 four 69-78),is this the right one or is there a specific one for the f2? took the bike on as a long time hobby so the plan is a little at a time, a lot longer than 6 years i guess. Love the cafe style so if this is gonna happen it will probably go that way. Anyway, been told I'm not allowed near it until I've finished decorating the house,women eh? Still, I managed to sneak out & get the air box & carbs off, just couldn't resist!
Cheers, Ed.
:)

Offline JonnyB

• SOHC Pro
  • Repeat: It's only a Hobby, It's only a Hobby....
    • View Profile
    • BatchScan
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 09:09:32 PM »
You may find it easier to buy a second hand cyclinder, I did and I've put the rusty one to one side, ready to be rebored when I can afford an 830 cc big bore kit.

You'll find this an addictive hobby, especially when bit you need start to appear on ebay.
Regards and Ride Safe!!

Daily Ride - BMW K1200GT
Summer Fun - Naked K100
Current Project - GS500E
Basket Case -  K100/1200 hybrid 
Lawnmower - 1965 Webb Delux 14" Close Cut Battery Electric.

John

https://batchscan.co.uk/

jimshea

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 09:35:25 AM »
I agree with John, there are plenty of cheap used bits around on Ebay.

Offline ed75

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 08:19:25 PM »
Cheers guys, I'll probably have to replace a lot of the parts anyway so I'll keep my eyes peeled on ebay, already got my manual from there. will keep you posted.
thanks again, Ed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal