Author Topic: What a shame, after all the bad luck they have had  (Read 1456 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
What a shame, after all the bad luck they have had
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:23:25 PM »
After the horrendous fire they had a few years back and now this !!

Cheers .. Ash

NATIONAL MOTORCYCLE MUSEUM TROPHIES STOLEN DURING BURGLARY - SUBSTANTIAL REWARD OFFERED.

At around 11.00pm last evening (27/08) the inner foyer of the National Motorcycle Museum was broken into and a large amount of the Museum’s trophies & TT replicas stolen.

Each of the Museums trophy cabinets was smashed causing substantial damage to the displays.

Many of the trophies and TT replicas have little “scrap” value but are unique and irreplaceable as part of this countries Motorcycling Heritage.

Because of the historical importance of these trophies the National Motorcycle Museum will be offering a substantial award of £20,000 for information which leads to the safe recovery of these important artefacts.

Anyone with any relevant information is asked to contact West Midlands Police or the National Motorcycle Museum on 01675 443311 or e-mail Museum Director James Hewing james@thenmm.co.uk

The Museum has re-opened as normal this morning. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: What a shame, after all the bad luck they have had
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:02:00 AM »
Thats F===ING LOWi hope the scum get caught, surely the trophies can be recognised so only a secret collector would enjoy them
pete

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 08:31:49 AM »
Hmm, maybe we should have justice along the lines of an islamic state, cut the b##tards hands off if they're caught!>:D

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:08:19 AM »
Agree to all especially Hairygit
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:10:47 AM »
Bloody low life,we are too soft in this country.
After the fire i did get the job of re making the Racing cast wheels for the Nortons.
 Hope they dont just crush and scrap them. :-\
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline Drew400

• SOHC Pro
  • 400/4 I restored
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 03:15:51 PM »
Let's hope that whichever smelter they offer these to for scrap (no doubt along with WWI memorial plaques and statues) will have the decency not to proceed. I doubt the perpetrators will heed any appeal to historical decency and probably don't (can't) read the PR offering £20,000 reward. Sadly, I doubt all of what I've just said and we'll never see them again.... I sincerely hope I'm wrong!
Previous bikes:Puch Maxi 50, CD175, Suzuki T500, CX500, Z200, GS850, XS1100, GT750 (kettle), RD400, GTR1000 (not too many boastables in there!), CB750F2 Phil Read Replica

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 09:40:26 PM »
Real shame, but dont they have any security?
Nothing of any value can be left anywhere these days.  Folk don't care about history etc, especially English heritage.  Hope they are caught, but will probably get off with a nasty slapped wrist.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal