Author Topic: Replacement bars?  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
Re: Replacement bars?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 01:37:29 AM »
Hi bike-pusher,

My K2 came with 400F bars (I'm pretty certain) - they looked good, but in reality were just too tight a fit in that the master cylinder boot was pretty hard up against the tacho. There was only one position you could have them, and the tacho damping was all but lost.

As you know, OEMs are virtually impossible to find, and I fitted the DS replicas. Not impressed as the cut-outs for wires (one side) leave a gap between switchgear & throttle, and the cutout for switchgear anchoring is in the wrong place, meaning the bars are (slightly) in the wrong rotational plane... dictated by the mirrors. (I've sourced a not-so-new Honda set... but am yet to fit them..)

BIG trouble with this problem is the sheer bloody ar*e pain of threading the looms.... ie measure up precisely before you commit! (like wot I didn't)
Simon.

bike-pusher

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 02:44:51 PM »
I'm out of the country now until Thursday (well, back very late on Wednesday).  PM will be sent, yes.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 08:17:07 AM »
Link doesn't work.

I've got a decent amount of CB750 tech stuff, as it happens.  Haynes BOL and I think a Clymer, too - I'll have to check in my large shelf of manuals.... 

It's years since I messed with CB750s.  I remember you can't remove the head with the engine in the frame.  And I think that the camchain adjustment is done with the engine not running - undo locknut, slacken off adjuster bolt, re-tighten both....  At least I've got a set of vacuum gauges - anyone with an SOHC Four soon learns to use those.

Yes seems link is dead  :(   .. Try this  and it's all genuine Honda service/parts manual NOT 3rd party (Haynes Clymer etc). Definitely worth having but up to you !

Any newbie 750'ers here .. you need this downloading !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/anpzqn2r55f1o9k/CB750%20Mega%20Parts%20Service%20and%20More.pdf?dl=0

Cheers ...AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal