Author Topic: Is this a genuine clutch lifter push rod mod or what...  (Read 5688 times)

Offline simonster

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a genuine clutch lifter push rod mod or what...
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 03:45:40 PM »
I am in the process of fabricating a steel rod with carbon hardened ends to match the dimensions of my existing push rod. 

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
I took on all that members said and looked into why there are two push rods for the CB500. CB500K0 had part number 22850-292-020 and the rest of the 500's had 11850-323-000. The thing that got me was the rod for the K0 was one piece but, the other model's where a 3 part rod that was pressed together to make one rod.
Had a mail today that explained why this was done. Honda in there wisdom came up with idea that the end of the rods could be pressed on to any length of alloy rod so it could be used on other Honda model's. But, also this 3 part rod became a weak part if knocked by the chain.
I will be having a meeting with a tool maker to find the costs of producing this part again.   

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 10:49:35 PM »
Cheers Oddjob, Was thinking of making the whole rod as one out of silver steel and hardening the ends. This seems to be the cheapest option. Cheers for the rod that will be the blue print.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal