Author Topic: Didn't realize they had this much stock!  (Read 1083 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Didn't realize they had this much stock!
« on: September 17, 2014, 10:16:23 PM »
Saw this as the '69 CB350K1 I just bought from them is on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxOtpX4XRFg

Didn't realize how massive an operation it is.

Do I detect a bit of the old Robbie Williams twang in that Voice!!

cheers .. AshD
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:40:13 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't realize they had this much stock!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:53:37 PM »
Thats just their showroom ,can you imagine the parts warehouse
pete

bike-pusher

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 07:33:01 AM »
Having bought a bike from them, I agree - massive place. But their parts operation isn't nearly as well organised, oddly.  They're more interested in shipping stuff in from the States, slapping iton the floor, and shifting it on quickly.  I think to run a proper parts operation that size would require a lot more staff, workshop space, stock control, etc.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 07:54:07 AM »
Having bought a bike from them, I agree - massive place. But their parts operation isn't nearly as well organised, oddly.  They're more interested in shipping stuff in from the States, slapping iton the floor, and shifting it on quickly.  I think to run a proper parts operation that size would require a lot more staff, workshop space, stock control, etc.

What I thought was decent though, was he would rather accept my offer for the bike than break it up for parts  even though he reckoned that it was worth much  more in parts to them. Again could be salesman's patter but you have to admit that the condition of some of the parts on their bikes is stunning. Look at the 'iconic' 4-LS GT750J front wheel he is raving about to see what I mean. What are your guys dealings with them compared with "don't call me Freddy.... FreddyTheFat Frog" even though it's his eBay handle. I feel with DK that you could take something back or have a moan and it will be sorted. Freddie doesn't even answer any emails I have sent him. Having said that, I have had some stunning condition  (but quite expensive) engine parts BIN from 'Freddy' . Oh Sh*t called him Freddy again .. meant Will.  I also know someone who got a really nice 4000/4 import from California Connections in Derbyshire  ages ago now but they don't seem as prominent any more.

Have you also noticed with DK that major items like complete wheels / fork sets etc. are very reasonably priced but little things are well expensive?

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 08:29:38 AM »
Break up a bike means more storeroom needed, more customers and more people moaning about the parts. Better to have a little profit and a quick turn round. 4 containers a month is a lot of parts to shift.

bike-pusher

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 09:37:30 AM »
Never dealt with FreddyTheFatFrog, though I've seen his stuff, of course.  Any good?

By the way, my website is effectively complete now.  Just needs testing.  Oh, and some stock :-/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal