Author Topic: Fully restored...? :-)  (Read 5692 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Fully restored...? :-)
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 06:28:35 PM »
Great mick. Seat sharing bikes, well you only need one seat if you think about it ;)
Have a mate that has a CB750, CB500T, CB550 and a 400/4 and just moves the number plate and tax disc to what ever bike he is taking out.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 06:45:24 PM »
I also prefer the 500, size wise it suits me better and I prefer the old looks. Been there, done that on the fuse blowing on a single track road on a moonless night, to crown itbit was Christmas day, and I wad running late for work so someone was sat waiting for me before they could go home, lucky I had 2 spare fuses,mthogh fitting them in the dark was not fun. I since fitted a easy double up spare via a remote starting alarm, fuse blows you simply hit a botton on the key fob, it kicks in the spare fuse and bypasses the ignition switch, and restarts the engine. As a bonus you can start the bike to warm the engine on a frosty morning while you are still indoors having yer morning cuppa, and of course a nice loud alarm if anyone meddles with your pride and joy.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 07:08:48 PM »
Trig
That is rife in France lots of bikes all the same on one logbook.Real easy here as there is no engine number,colour or mot,s just frame number
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal