Author Topic: Honda Blocking Saisei from stocking seats /covers  (Read 9447 times)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Blocking Saisei from stocking seats /covers
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 07:37:42 PM »
OK, why don't you order the seat pan and the foam, then get a seat cover from the UK and put it together. I have shipped pan's from the states, foam from Germany and covers from the UK. It is only a seat ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »
OK, why don't you order the seat pan and the foam, then get a seat cover from the UK and put it together. I have shipped pan's from the states, foam from Germany and covers from the UK. It is only a seat ;)

You just cannot get a seat cover that's a patch on the quality and originality of the Yamiya seat cover Trig.

Cheers .. Ash

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 08:10:03 PM »
Keep your pecker up Pete and don't let it depress you, been there and it's not a nice place to be. You're amongst a good set of mates on here even though we are all at far flung parts of the UK and we all admire your restoration threads immensely. Just think of that Sandcast and K0 finished and gleaming in your garage and a nice little nest egg. We are always at the end of the phone if you ever need to chat.

Cheers .. Ash

Thanks guys for looking out for me, I didnt mean to take this thread off course with my problems, but all the same its great to no were a close bunch of like minded nutters, i am sure i will turn my negative situation around in time, please dont think i have gone crazy over a seat, its a multitude of things which have brought me to a vulnerable state,
pete

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »
With Ash on that one mate get them regular.Get pissed go out next day and f em all soon come round.Keep on going mate
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 08:14:59 PM »

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »
Hey trigg with postage and import duties the red foam seat is  about £800 from yamiya

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »
Ash, so why can i order one Yamiya Direct? > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-1970-HONDA-CB750-K0-SEAT-ASSY-DUCK-TAIL-SANDCAST-NEW-T161-/141422536388
This is confusing ???

That's not the same seat Trig, it does not have the red foam and is much cheaper. Plus Pete is correct about the import duty hike etc.

Cheers Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
Pete, i use this system and it has never been that far out>  http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/189171513/
Works out at £507 but, parcel force will highjack it and add another £8.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 09:29:05 PM »
How many ducktail seats are about?

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »
Well I emailed Yamiya via eBay to see if they will sell a version without a logo. Dunno if I will get a reply. Can only try !!

Cheers  ... Ash

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 09:34:35 PM »
How many ducktail seats are about?

There are urethane foam versions and red 'Dunlopillo' style rubber foams plus high and low versions specific to the Sandcast version. I am told that the Yamiya metal pans are based on an early sandcast pattern and not truly correct for the K0. The new Honda K1 pan I used for my seat was much closer to the correct pan for my UK K0 apart from one m6 tapped hole extra  but my cover was made specially for me by Bob at Morretti but is still not as nice as the Yamiya one.

Obsession kicking in again GRRR. + wife yelling me to watch Cilla  ::) :-[

Cheers ... Ash

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »
BUT, they still have the HONDA logo on them. I ordered one about 6 months ago and now they are $40 cheaper.

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 10:56:13 PM »
Pete

Lots of us have been there or have someone close that has. This forum does so much more than just the bikes. It can do this too I'll be bound so if it helps, reach out this way and we're all here...

BTW did you ever go to see that PRR near Heathrow we corresponded about?

Cheers
Tom
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 07:04:36 AM »
Thanks Tom , no i never got to see the bike , the guy seemed keen  to sell,but after talking about the bike he gave me the impression that he was sitting on a really rare bike that was worth a fortune, when i said what a bike in that state was probably worth he stopped answering my texts , i was not going to persue it, as it sounded like a pile of rust, all i wanted was some spares from it, however i do have a PRR in pieces unfortunately i will probably be ebaying it this winter to ease my cash flow
pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 07:53:12 AM »
Thanks Tom , no i never got to see the bike , the guy seemed keen  to sell,but after talking about the bike he gave me the impression that he was sitting on a really rare bike that was worth a fortune, when i said what a bike in that state was probably worth he stopped answering my texts , i was not going to persue it, as it sounded like a pile of rust, all i wanted was some spares from it, however i do have a PRR in pieces unfortunately i will probably be ebaying it this winter to ease my cash flow
pete

What's a PRR ?

Cheers .. AshD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal