SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

DSS inlet rubbers and clamps

(1/2) > >>

peterengland:
I have seen on here before people complaining about the carb rubbers and clamps from Dave Silvers.
I have just renewed all the rubber boots on my 550 and they have fitted no problem at all, I kept them in the airing cupboard for a couple of days and they were beautifully soft and with a smear of fairy liquid they went on a dream. The clamps from DSS though are a different matter as they seem sooo soft and will bend and become misshapen very easily. I went to HCL clamps and got some 9mm wide worm drive clips and these are perfect for the job, needless to say I have no intake leak at all now and the bike is running as well as it ever has done.

Trigger:
Not a good fit with the OEM clamps. The rubber is not as think so when you tighten up the OEM clamp it is still not tight on the rubber.

JustcallmeMrT:
I was thinking of getting a set of these, according to my measurements they should fit.  I like the idea of the stainless, as the ones I pulled off were quite rusted.  What you you all think?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=250573306192&alt=web

peterengland:
I agree the OEM clamps are not a good fit. Interesting that the ones on Ebay are Mikalor, same make as the ones I got, and they have a bevelled edge so not to damage the rubbers. But I notice they have no crosshead alternative if the hex 'rounds off'

peterengland:
As a matter of interest the rubbers I got were for K model from head to carb and F rubbers from carb to airbox and they fiited great although a different part number.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version