SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Adjusting float height cb550 f2

(1/4) > >>

JustcallmeMrT:
Before I go making a bunch of adjustments, I'm hoping the experts out there clarify a few things.  I'm ready to set the float heights on my carbs, 22mm from top of floats to mounting surface of the carb.  Problem I have is that the floats I have are a rounded top, whereas what I see in my haynes manual have a flat top.  If I measure 22mm to the top of the rounded surface, it seems like these floats have to move in by nearly 10mm, which doesn't seem right.  However, if I measure to where the line at which the rounded top begins, they're pretty close. Is this where I measure to?
Hope you can see what I mean in the pictures.
Can anyone advise?

JustcallmeMrT:

deltarider:
My advise: don't "adjust" anything. Float heights are always right in my experience unless PO messed with them (this ofcourse after reading "interesting stuff" in manuals). My floats are in there for over 130.000 kms and have never needed adjustment. BTW, this floattang bending has become epidemic in the International site. Please don't spread it here.

Trigger:
I can not comment at the moment. Just came out a bar and on my way to a club. Tomorrow!

Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP):
Trig
So you do like the finer things of life
Cheers
Bitsa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version