Author Topic: master cylinder  (Read 4974 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: master cylinder
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »
Thanks Bryan still cant find my calipers but what I do know is the bore is the same size as the rear pillion footrest bolts are and cant measure that yet either
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 09:37:11 PM »
Bitsa, how can you lose a vernier? It's not like a small washer or a carb part. Have you looked under your seat ;D

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »
the one on my F1 reads 1 C 3  i'll have a look at the rest this afternoon  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 12:53:34 PM »
The one in my spares is numbered 1 S 1 and the one on my KO has no markings on ? cheers Mick.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »
Thanks for looking Mick I bet all yours have the plate and tube but as usual the krauts have come up with a kit not cheap/Our bruvs over the pond have told me its a year of one type and now have the part number and that's only because I posted has the states scrapped all k7s :P :P Part number 45530-404-315 cheapeast so far 53 euros ouch when a pattern master new is 58 euros.
Trig they have probably fallen in a box somewhere and on top of that the missus has told me she has been in there so I will have to go through all the box's again :-[ :-[
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline hondaking

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 07:57:48 PM »
Have just sent you the numbers stamped under my master Cylinder and also the seal kit number. Master cyl number is 2 k 3 it has a plastic res which is the same as in the k7 parts book.

Ron

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 10:54:01 AM »
Thanks Ron
Bitsa

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 08:28:22 PM »
Thanks guys for ll your views
Got prices from all over and DS is the cheapest for a repro has anybody had one and what do you think of it?
I have allways thought and still do Honda is best but when a repair kit costs more than one of these complete is way different you have to think.
Kits from USA real cheap but you gain nothing with post on top so over to you DS fans
Cheers
Bitsa

Offline LesterPiglet

• SOHC Pro
  • 1977 CB550F2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »
I've a DS repro on my 550, can't fault it.
'Then' and 'than' are completely different words and have completely different meanings. Same with 'of' and 'have'. Set and sit. There, their and they're. Set/sit. Bought/brought FFS. Bloody Americans.

Les Ross. Certified by a Professional

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 02:14:05 PM »
Thanks guys for ll your views
Got prices from all over and DS is the cheapest for a repro has anybody had one and what do you think of it?
I have allways thought and still do Honda is best but when a repair kit costs more than one of these complete is way different you have to think.
Kits from USA real cheap but you gain nothing with post on top so over to you DS fans
Cheers
Bitsa

got a DS repro with larger bore for a twin disc conversion,looks good,works great
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »
Hi Guys
Great thanks for the info and nice to hear from Lesterpiglet again
Cheers
Bitsa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal