Author Topic: STAFFORD... Wow met a guy building a 750K0 from a Genuine UK Unregd Frame  (Read 6827 times)

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
Re: STAFFORD... Wow met a guy building a 750K0 from a Genuine UK Unregd Frame
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 09:54:49 PM »
nice looking bikes there, plenty of inspiration.
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 07:56:22 AM »
The Dresda is in the Bonhams auction today.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 08:55:13 AM »
I was working at QPM when they sold all the old NOS parts Ash. I bought quite a few parts for one of my 500s I was restoring at the time, they did have a NOS 500 frame but mine was fine so I didn't buy it.

I think the blue 500 Kwack was built by my mate from Queenies, if I'm right it has frame number 25 or something very close to that and the 350K4 looks to be the one that was still inside it's crate even in the middle 80s at Queenies, always wondered what happened to that when it shut

The guy I spoke to used to buy sold off NOS parts from Queens Park Motors, like me and then one day they told him they were selling up and if he wanted any more parts  he would have to buy the entire stock, so he loaned some money and took everything. He reckons he found parts all over the place taken from the parted out CB750K0. Funnily enough my workmate who just turned up to do my tiling said he used to work for Bob Alport in Thorne and they regularly parted out new unregistered bikes because of the lead-time and cost of spares from Japan.

Cheers ... Ash
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:35:47 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 09:24:26 AM »
Great posts ash.
I have given up going to these bike events,I am always dissapoint me and I would rather spend my time and money on a bike
Do you think I am missing out much

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 09:31:38 AM »
Great posts ash.
I have given up going to these bike events,I am always dissapoint me and I would rather spend my time and money on a bike
Do you think I am missing out much

To be honest Pete that's exactly what I was feeling, till I met the guy with the rim. Also had a chat with ChrisR and David Silver and met David from Saisei. It's nice to meet personally sometimes but I reckon if I go again I will go Sunday, never remember such big queues to get in when I have been on the Sunday.

Cheers ... Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 09:32:38 AM »
Thanks Ash
Even if there were no parts for sale would have loved looking at all them bikes ;D ;D
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 04:06:14 PM »
Good show with lots of diverse interesting bikes, Ash, no point leaving it til Sunday next year. it was rammed by mid day!, I got there at 9 today and it was getting full by 10.30, had to leave at 12 due to people getting in my way!!, 3 hours was enough for me to be honest, not long enough to see everything but got my £13 worth.
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
 ;) you got to lurv them candy colours i done that place to death since the early nineties i aint going anymore you could pick up some good gear in them days 
 i took the wife the daughter and her boyfriend one year i paid all the entrance fees and the fuel from south wales and didnt bat an eyelid
i dread to think what it would cost me now to see that empty field full of rust at todays prices  thank god for fleabay and cheap supermarket lager good shopping from the arm chair who would have guessed 8)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 07:23:45 AM »
Evidently the price on this was 475 GBP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal