Author Topic: new to honda fours  (Read 6440 times)

Offline born to be mild

• View Profile
Re: new to honda fours
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 05:15:22 PM »
Sage advice, thanks chaps. I think that what I will do is wait to see if it happens again and then determine which cylinder is going AWOL and work my way back from there. Once I know which cylinder I will swap the caps over etc etc but looking at the state of the bike on sunday I am going to wait for some decent riding weather without the road salt before I venture out again.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 06:52:50 PM »
That is sense frac the salting shite sure way off naffing your bike up
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »
In the last 4 years I seem to have had a run of every bike I own having the plug caps shorting out. Carry some wd40 with you, if you get issues, spray it up inside the plug cap, do 1 at a time, and it may quickly isoltate your culprit. I now carry it as standard kit on my 125's and 250, but don't carry tools on the ntv650. It's too complex / awkward to roadside fix. When a plug cap starts playing up, even a bit of damp on the road getting thrown up by the tyres from rain the day before was causing my bike to slow to a halt. Eventually I found after enough treatments at the roadside the wd40 left enough oily residue to effectively cure the issue. Yes I am that bad about ordering spares for my commuter 125, besides a small can of wd40 is cheaper than plug caps and I had issues getting plug caps long enough, kept getting sent short ones.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline born to be mild

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 11:24:11 PM »
Thanks Matthew, I'll give the caps a good dousing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal