Author Topic: K2 Owners manual  (Read 1446 times)

Offline sprinta

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
K2 Owners manual
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:00:18 AM »
Did they produce separate US and UK/European Owners Manuals or just the US based one to cover all territories, 323411, B 4000612, as it would seem that the handlebar switches and the lack of a pilot light are the only operational differences?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:31:54 AM by sprinta »

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: K2 Owners manual
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:48:52 PM »
I'm just waiting for SH owners manual to be delivered from USA for a K2 - if I can through any light on your question when it arrives, I'll post a reply
Phil
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:13:11 AM »
Hi Sprinta,

My OEM Owners Manual quotes LBS / Kgs, Inches / mm, and most pointedly ONLY has a wiring diagram for ED Models.... ie 'European Direct'. This diagram includes said pilot (parking) light.

So..I'd have to say "Yes".... various manuals available.

Notably though, nowhere in print does it mention the intended market... other than the header on the wiring diagram...

Hope this helps,
Simon
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:15:00 AM by Lobo »

Offline sprinta

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:38:31 PM »
Hi Sprinta,

My OEM Owners Manual quotes LBS / Kgs, Inches / mm, and most pointedly ONLY has a wiring diagram for ED Models.... ie 'European Direct'. This diagram includes said pilot (parking) light.

So..I'd have to say "Yes".... various manuals available.

Notably though, nowhere in print does it mention the intended market... other than the header on the wiring diagram...

Hope this helps,
Simon

Hi Simon

Thanks for the treply.

Is it only the ED wiring diagram that shows reference to the pilot light and separate Hi/Lo headlamp switch or does it also have pictures and text reference in the book as well about a Hi/Lo switch on the LH side (separate switch or incorporated in the LH switch), the RH switch with main lights off, pilot, main lights on and also show how to change the pilot bulb? Do the Nomenclature pictures at the front of the book show a UK or US model? US has chrome rear light assy and handrail behind the seat UK has black rear light assy and no hand rail behind the seat? It may have only have been the wiring diagrams they changed for the various territories?

Andy
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:23:47 PM by sprinta »

Offline sprinta

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
I'm just waiting for SH owners manual to be delivered from USA for a K2 - if I can through any light on your question when it arrives, I'll post a reply
Phil

Thanks Phil.

Andy

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »
Hi Andy,

I have a number of books concerning the CB750, I'm not sure they made a specific manual for each market.
I have an old Clymer manual from the states (1969 to 1973 only) one of the wiring diagrams shows the 'position light' in the headlight (French export model).
I also have an up to date Clymer manual from DSS which has all the wiring diagrams (1969 to 1979) in colour but none show the 'position light'...but on page 146 it mentions the UK model having a city (pilot) lamp with instructions on how to disassemble the headlight.
There are a number of cosmetic/style differences of the USA K2 and the UK K2

Hope the above helps

Alan
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 08:44:52 AM »
Hi again Andy,

Sadly I'm on my way back to Brunei after a few days at home... alas I can't answer your new queries directly (ie looking at the owners manual)

What I did notice in the manual was bike had the US style handlebars... which kinda makes sense as to change all the 'general' owners manual K2 pics across the markets would be unnecessary / 'too much hard work'. (I guess)

I've looked at my (iPad) parts diagram, & part 35150-300-730 (separate Hi-Lo switch) is specified to markets ED, E, F, G. (Europe Direct, England, France, Germany) leaving me to 'suspect' that this switch must be included in the ED wiring diagram.... especially in that it significantly changed the logic / wiring of Hi/Lo & parking lamps.

I'll give myself 1/10 for not looking at the diagram a bit harder, sorry...

BUT... I'll write my old dad & get him to send on a photo of the wiring diagram... give me 1/2 a day.

Simon

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »
Alrighty..

Dad's sent on the 'pics'... but alas one is rather duff. Sorry. But, if you strain your eyes there is a 'simple' switch labelled "Headlight Control Switch" (to the left of the usual / main switch diagram) which I'd say is indeed the UK type Hi/Lo switch.

Sorry can't be of more help.... likelihood is the old boy realised if he excelled at this then more tasks (wheel changes etc) would be heading his way...

Cheers,
Simon

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal