SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Update on my 550 project

(1/2) > >>

JustcallmeMrT:
I've been tinkering away and have managed to tear down the bike completely.  This is the final photo with the engine still in.

Got a replacement engine with only 4500 miles and in excellent nick.

Forks are disassembled and tubes ready to go for a rechrome.

Decided to take the dremel for a spin today and see what I could do...

Not bad for a first try.  With some different grits of polishing compound I should get close to a mirror finish.

Still a million and one things to do, but some progress feels nice so I thought I'd share.

Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP):
Sound like you have the 4 bug ;D Its the same for all of us when we finish a bit and stand back and look you get the boost to do the next bit.My biggest frustration and all ways has been waiting on bits that you have sent off for various things.
Best of luck
Bitsa

tom400f:
So now you have a (nearly) new engine you no longer need to strip the old one (I think you were musing, or was that someone else?), you can drop that straight in?

JustcallmeMrT:

--- Quote from: tom400f on October 31, 2014, 04:02:17 PM ---So now you have a (nearly) new engine you no longer need to strip the old one (I think you were musing, or was that someone else?), you can drop that straight in?

--- End quote ---
That's right, should drop straight in, just needs an oil change.  Saves me stripping that other one and doing all the bearings and seals.

peterengland:
Do you know where I can get extra polishing bits for my Dremel? I can't seem to find any individual ones only packs of loads of bits, most of which I won't use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version