Author Topic: Hah had funny old clips with Honda's in  (Read 3895 times)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Hah had funny old clips with Honda's in
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »
Ash
Each to their own but on this site there is no prizes for top topic dog.Well as far as I know say it all in one go mate.
Cheers
Bitsa
Dont get me wrong you do come up with good stuff to read but its getting dated now
Dont mean to affend you keep it going but to some I would think its dated now
Ralph - I think you've stepped over the line here mate. If you've got something useful to say then say it, but there's absolutely no need to be negative towards one of the most valued members here. Don't preface a statement with 'don't mean to offend you' and then go and directly offend someone - clearly if you're calling someone's contribution 'boring' they're going to be put off and not bother to contribute any more. Frankly, that just pisses me off mate. I always find Ash's contributions interesting, regardless of whether they relate to a bike I have / own / have an interest in. I'm sure you'll come back at me with some comment about 'if you can't take it' blah blah blah.....don't bother mate as frankly I for one am bored of the negativity. I'm all up for having a laugh / bit of banter.

Offline popwud

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »
Always find the old bike films fascinating.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 11:29:48 AM »
To All
Clearly it looks as though I have offended Ash.All I can say is, it definitely was not my intention at all to do this. So Ash please accept my profound apology.I do not find you boring at all, so why was this thought and the word boring appear I never mentioned it?In the past I have shared good banter with you and hope to continue in the future.Your files off all Honda stuff are interesting and does help me to remember stuff I had well forgotten.
Best Regards
Ralph
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 10:36:42 PM »
I may be sticking my head above the parapet on this one, but anyway, being a bit more junior member than some of you longer term contributors I do find it quite hard to place comments/replys that I think could be amusing but could offend someone/original poster. That's nothing to do with you guys but more that I find what is essentially a remote means of communication a bit harder to judge than face to face if that makes sense.
I've only met Pete on here (recruited by Pete at the Ace-cafe) and there is certainly a different affinity with someone that I've met in person.
I have definetly kept out of some of the Trig/Bitsa banter as I'm not sure of contributing anything or judge accurately as to the level at which it's happening and can see how Bitsa has maybe overshot in responding to Ash........but can see that he has offered a sincere apology.
I'm certainly not asking of anybody to respond in any particular way but think it would be a shame to potentially loose two very good posters from the general discussions on the site, one of it's great strengths is it's personal feeling backed with a huge knowledge and willingness to get stuck into the topics.
I find all of the build threads at whatever level fascinating and certainly, given the chance, would have no hesitation in meeting any one of you.
Ash and Bitsa, I've enjoyed both of your different directions and appreciate the time you've taken to post both words and photos of two very different approaches, and hope you may find a way that gives us more.

Nigel.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
PM'd this to Ralph ... Bitsa

Hi Ralph.. Just a quick one to say no hard feelings mate and I know we have exchanged good friendly banter in the past. Suppose there’s some truth that I should be getting on restoring my bikes / work instead of waffling on about the past and perhaps the frequency of my posts a bit too prolific recently, so I decided not to contribute on the UK  forum for a while. Will definitely come back on in the New Year , once I have my ‘ducks in a row’. I am nearly there now with the parts I need for the 750K0 and my 250K0 now but it’s been a struggle because some of the parts are so rare. I want to come back with more focused postings /rebuild threads. For example, I now have all of the stuff for black anodizing and I want to have a crack at it and report on the forum so that someone else can have a go too.  Please post this on the forum if you wish and I appreciate everyone’s comments and your apology you put on there.  Waffling on again !!! … must go …. Cheers Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »
As an ex Lancastrian I find it very difficult to promote the "straight faced" humour to these damn sotheners where i live, even been with the girlfriend/wife for 12 years and there are many times she don't get me, but life is life and as an old boss used to say "He who does nothing wrong don't do anything" so whatever happens and whoever gets temporarily upset live life as fast as you dare 'cos that Mayan prophecy may just be running a few years late!!

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 03:12:09 PM »
Well in the spirit of this forum, Ralph if I was a bit over the top with my slightly vitriolic response previously then I apologise. Last thing I wanted to be perceived of here is as the bad guy..was just speaking my mind I guess as we all do from time to time. Plus I'd had a pretty shitty week so again, hopefully no hard feelings.
I would just hate to have seen Ash gone completely, but based on the above looks like we'll see more quality content from Ash in the new year which is a great thing.
Oh and as one of the 'damn southerners' you're right Bryan there's definitely a difficulty in getting the diverse ranges of 'humor' understood, especially given the age/cultural/location diversity of the members on this and other forums, and the fact we communicate more or less purely in text.
Still, we have common ground in theses amazing machines that bind us together.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 03:32:17 PM »
Well said james, Dont worry your not the bad guy, infact no one is the bad guy here,i am sure Ash and ralph will have a quick cool off and both be back,
with quality posts, lets keep the forum posts up for the 750 owners in there absence
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal