Author Topic: Another K0 on eBay at DK ..... Sandcast pulled  (Read 1611 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:10:44 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Another K0 on eBay at DK ..... Sandcast pulled
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 08:44:19 AM »
I wonder if he got the 20k asking price for the sandcast,
i was thinking how saturated the market was for K0,S, but i remember a while back silvers bought out virtually every available  basket case 400/4 in the uk and knocked them out as pattern part restorations, it certainly did no harm having loads of them on the market, and to my disbelief the cb750 market prices continue to rise, people are paying top dollar for bikes that potentially need lots of work, its a crazy unpredictable market, and who the feck are the people with all the money buying them cause i never see any of them out on the road
pete

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 09:46:18 PM »
Supply and demand it's called.

While the banks are offering 0.5% interest, people will invest in classic and interesting bikes and cars in an effort to preserve and enhance their savings.

Whilst most of us are realistic about valuations of our bikes, those who have 'spare' money will always invest in the most desireable and accurately restored vehicles......sometimes to the merriment of others.

I find it difficult to believe how anyone could pay £20K+ for a KO in original condition.........and it's a real shame that having invested such a sum, they cannot actually use their 'pride and joy' as that will undoubtably reduce it's value - in their eyes.

The other thing which those on the sohc Forum sometimes seem to forget is that those who invest such large sums in an expensive original machine, often do so because they don't possess the skills and experience which many sohc enthusiasts have.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 11:49:05 PM »
I cringed when my oppo Dodgy Roger literally slung the immacuate BSA Road Rocket James sold him into my van with my crabby 500 exhaust rubbing against its immaculate silencer. James Pete & me protected it a bit better but Rog says he wanted the bike to use and relive his youth and says bikes are for using not wrapping up in cotton wool....can't say I entirely agree with him but he has point.  To me those early Hondas are works of engineering art. ..much better to look at than any other form of antique or vintage item. People are probably releasing pension funds now that the rules have changed and putting it into bikes cars or property.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 12:22:52 AM »
Not sure I'll ever quite forget that moment seeing Rog literally dragging the A10 into the van with the CB175. That bike has been from the UK, to Canada and back again relatively unscatherd over a period of 60 years, And then Rog got his hands on her. The look on Pete's face was priceless.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 08:16:47 AM »
You have no need to fret James. I gave the bugger a lecture on the way back. The extra packing that me you and Pete did ensured it arrived back here as nice as it left you and hes got it tucked up cosy and warm in his emporium covered in blankets. He tried to wheeler deal with another colourful character mate of mine just before Christmas, who has a shop in York, over selling my York mates Vincent 1000. Priceless banter between them. ..fodder for a comedy programme... I just stepped back and soaked it all up.... and negotiations left in the air....sadly that Vincent was under a foot of flood water a week or so back.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:19:37 AM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal