Author Topic: Fitting Motad exhaust  (Read 9308 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting Motad exhaust
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »
Naw mate it would not have done.Have to say though the best years I will ever now
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline motad_uk

• SOHC Associate
  • making exhausts in the uk since 1970
    • View Profile
    • MOTAD EXHAUSTS
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »
all of our stuff is made here in the uk- by humans- and sometimes humans make mistakes

was difficult to track down what had happened to this system as the supplying dealer was unknown

but I can say that as the second model we ever made- we have made around 5,000 of these systems and if the correct fitting kit for the specific model is used it fits well

and in the very rare case of help being needed- we are ready to support

sales@motad.co.uk is the contact

Ian McDonald
Motad uk

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »
Ian, do you make, or could you make a decent exhaust for the Honda 90 cub (85cc 12volt version) as most of the pattern exhausts on sale are crap! They rust badly within 6 months, and frequently snap the downpipe about 2 inches from the head. Stainless downpipe is available from Vietnam, but no sensible silencer to fit it!
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline motad_uk

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
    • MOTAD EXHAUSTS
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 01:50:58 PM »
Ian, do you make, or could you make a decent exhaust for the Honda 90 cub (85cc 12volt version) as most of the pattern exhausts on sale are crap! They rust badly within 6 months, and frequently snap the downpipe about 2 inches from the head. Stainless downpipe is available from Vietnam, but no sensible silencer to fit it!

sorry no- just not enough sensible people (like you) who realise the advantage of buying uk and spending a bit more- we cant get close for the people just looking at price

discussed with our production team to us all moving to £20 a week ( and all the bean sprouts they could eat)- but lets say it was a short discussion!
Motad uk

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 02:10:04 PM »
How many firm orders would you need to consider it though? And what kind of prices in chrome or stainless? There is a Honda Cub forum, and finding quality exhausts is like the holy grail, even gen Honda ones are now made in Brazil and not much better than far eastern stuff!
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline motad_uk

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
    • MOTAD EXHAUSTS
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 03:23:46 PM »
How many firm orders would you need to consider it though? And what kind of prices in chrome or stainless? There is a Honda Cub forum, and finding quality exhausts is like the holy grail, even gen Honda ones are now made in Brazil and not much better than far eastern stuff!

the condition 4 (severe external use chrome) is mega expensive and we will never downgrade so it would be stainless

I will do some "digging" to see how much interest there is- and I have no problem if you are on the cub forum I have no problem in you discussing it and posting up my email address ianmcdonald@motad.co.uk as a contact to see how many people might be interested

perhaps email me and we can discuss this of forum?

I took my bike test on a c90!
Motad uk

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 06:57:03 PM »
Ian
Great passed mine on a C70 loved the step throughs
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal