Author Topic: Tip from plod  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Bodd

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Tip from plod
« on: December 10, 2014, 05:33:32 PM »
I was doing a service on my R1 today with the garage door open when a scuffer came walking down the drive, apparently there have been some break ins of garages and out buildings in the area, he said it was scum looking at stealing kids bikes for Christmas more than likely, before he left he gave me a tip, park your car as close to the garage door as possible so they can't get it open.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Tip from plod
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
Just cut the handbrake cable and push the car away from the doors. Better to fit a removable locking post if it is a up and over door.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 05:39:56 PM »
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Bodd

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 05:56:25 PM »
Just cut the handbrake cable and push the car away from the doors. Better to fit a removable locking post if it is a up and over door.

They would have to push mine up hill and my garage is alarmed.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 06:07:13 PM »
If they want to have something away they will. Had a 40ft shipping container go missing overnight once, that went with the alarm and all the extra locks.

Offline Bodd

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »
Like Plod said when I told him with the garage being integral it is on the same alarm system as the house, he said the more awkward you make it for them the better and I agree, my car is now almost touching the door.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 06:53:25 PM »
Frackin scum bags wire the door up to the mains and hope its raining too when they try to get in
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline ka-ja

• ken
  • SOHC Pro
  • yoshi 460
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 07:10:26 PM »
Hi All,
         I was always told that locks keep honest people out, and dishonest people in!
nice bike,nothing in the bank

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »
Since my daughter joined the Met last year, I have to be very careful about what I say...

If you live in SE London, watch out!

[Yes Pete, she did her training in Sidcup]
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 08:36:24 PM »
Trigs right if they want it that bad they will have it.Trailers with a grass cutting tractor on it gone even though chained to a concrete post more than once trailer an all
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 09:47:07 PM »
Yep, my brother lives in Brittany in France, had one of the earliest known surviving VW split screen crew cabs stolen from his barn. The load bay was loaded with boxes of fruit from his autumn harvest - the guys broke in, took everything off the back of the van, neatly stacked it to one side, and nicked the van. Prob worth £50-60k now and his insurers wouldn't pay out as there was no sign of forced entry. Thieving scum must have seen him put it away months previously and waited for an opportunity.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 10:06:27 PM »
Here is one for you. Have a customer that has had 8 bikes nicked from his garage (not all at once). Now has 2 big dogs chained to the bikes and his insurance will not give him any no claims because he does not have an alarm. He tried to explain to the insurance bods that the dog's would set it off and all his bikes before went missing with a alarm on the bikes and garage. Since the dogs, not one bike has been nicked.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »
A chippy I know has been done over 4 times the scum wait in the garden center car park opposite and then ram the gates when he leaves for work.They wait for a month or so to pass knowing that his tools would have been replaced by then.A few years ago my neighbor had his van emptied he replaced the tools and then locked them in the garage at night about a month after the first theft they emptied his garage and took his van as well.
If you have been done over don't assume your safe if the know your lively hood relies on tools they will be back.

Mick 
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »
When i used to be a bricklayer we were working on a site and i had a hod carrier who was a proper tea leaf, he had been in and out of nick all his life, he openly bragged about how he thieved bikes and tools etc, everyone worshiped the guy as if he was some sort of god we all used to sit round and listen to his thieving antics at tea and dinner break, one of his stories involved this poor guy he had stolen from 6 times, he was laughing as he said the guy had thought after all the stuff he had nicked was being clever and put 3 deadlock bolts on each of his van doors, anyway the thieving scum bag said it was even more of a challenge for them so they went round this guys house in the early hours and used heavy metal snips and peeled open a hole in the side of this poor blokes van , crawled in and stole his snap on tool sets and other stuff then left a calling card telling the bloke he was not as clever as them and they will be back
When you listen to the mindset of these F---ing scum bags it makes you realise if they want something they will have it, and also the risk of getting caught does not worry them,
pete

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »
When i used to be a bricklayer we were working on a site and i had a hod carrier who was a proper tea leaf, he had been in and out of nick all his life, he openly bragged about how he thieved bikes and tools etc, everyone worshiped the guy as if he was some sort of god we all used to sit round and listen to his thieving antics at tea and dinner break, one of his stories involved this poor guy he had stolen from 6 times, he was laughing as he said the guy had thought after all the stuff he had nicked was being clever and put 3 deadlock bolts on each of his van doors, anyway the thieving scum bag said it was even more of a challenge for them so they went round this guys house in the early hours and used heavy metal snips and peeled open a hole in the side of this poor blokes van , crawled in and stole his snap on tool sets and other stuff then left a calling card telling the bloke he was not as clever as them and they will be back
When you listen to the mindset of these F---ing scum bags it makes you realise if they want something they will have it, and also the risk of getting caught does not worry them,
pete
Much as I hate to say this, maybe we should adopt a little bit of Sharia law, get caught stealing, get your hands cut off, can't do it again. Actually, sod the law, if I caught someone doing that sort of thing, I'd cut their hands off myself, slowly and painfully, and if I went to prison for it, at least I'd know there was one less scumbag nicking peoples hard earned stuff!O:-)
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal