Author Topic: Tip from plod  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Tip from plod
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »
I have done away with my van so not to draw attention.I now have a pickup truck with a soft cover on it that way they take the tools without doing any damage.I parked in Hackney and forgot about an airless sprayer worth £1300 I left in the back.The van in front of me was done over but they left mine.I suppose they didn't think anyone was stupid enough to leave anything valuable in an open back truck.

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »
Unfortunately you meet far to many so called professional thieves on building sites.One painter I met looked at my old transit then pointed at the bonnet and said you have quit a good alarm I can show you how to disarm it he then glanced in the cab threw the window and mentioned the aftermarket ignition barrel guard I didn't even know it had one as it was under the factory plastics. :o

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 04:34:19 PM »
My mate was done over at his moto x workshop last year, they took most of his tools and about 15 bikes belonging to customers. Nearly took his business out, think it was a major factor in trashing his marriage. I think if I caught one of these thieving scum in my shed I wouldn't be rsponsible for my actions. Luckily I'm out in the wilds and see very few cars up our way which means if a car or van arrives we generally come snooping to see who it is, after dark we definitely would be poping out as that virtually never happens, we also don't have many valuable things and a lot of total rubbish which is heavy which would make us the last place in the village anyone would want to do over. I still have cctv and alarms rigged to various bits around the place.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »
Plus 1 with Matthew and hairygit.If I caught some one in my garage I would do my best to do him in.Here the farmers after 8 oclock at night answer the door with a shotgun in your face.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal