Author Topic: front pipe fork - chrome condition  (Read 7129 times)

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: front pipe fork - chrome condition
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »
Sorry, just been into the US forum. They have a lengthy discussion on front fork oil!
Hmm, wouldn't take too much notice of them, have you ever driven one of their cars? Like the North Sea on a rough night, wallow all over the place!:o
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 11:32:51 AM »
Hairy, they have nice cars. As long as you drive in a straight line, don't use the brakes and never go over 70 mph or hit any bumps more than 5mm, you will be OK ;D

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
Tom
Hope yur olde lady dont read this site bit like why keep a dog and bark yourself  :o :o
Cheers
Bitsa
There are washing implements available for men that cannot operate a washing machine..........it's called a sink and mangle  ;D ;D ;D
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 12:18:59 PM »
There are washing implements available for men that cannot operate a washing machine..........it's called a sink and mangle  ;D ;D ;D

For the record, I'm pretty good with the washing machine... these words could be mine:

I left my baby at the launderette, you can put a little money you can place a little bet that when I see my baby the blacks will be grey and the whites will be grey but the blues are still blue

Ok back to forks.
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 12:19:46 PM »
I know Trig, many years ago, I foolishly bought a 1966 Ford Mustang, 4.7litre V8, auto, drum brakes all round, and not even a servo! And marshmallow suspension, very quick off the line, but cornering was scary, and if you had to stop in a hurry, both feet on the brake pedal (it was huge!) and close your eyes, probably long enough to get a good night's sleep! :o One more thing, 12-13mpg driven carefully, 6-7 if you gave it some stick :(
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 06:59:13 PM »
Hairys right yanks are a bit dramatic as for Julie naw girl get a women in that does ;) ;)
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Erling

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2014, 10:38:08 AM »

Sorry, just been into the US forum. They have a lengthy discussion on front fork oil!
Hmm, wouldn't take too much notice of them, have you ever driven one of their cars? Like the North Sea on a rough night, wallow all over the place!:o
[/quote]
Funny the only US car I've ever driven was a dark blue mustang, behaved like you say and had cloth roof gaping half an inch above front screen and in  the cold season.
But the biker community seems to know the trick about depth down to oil level doing it by a cut to length tube on/from a plastic container maybe like the ones used to spray on cars front screen to get rid of ice on a frosty morning! Just overfill the fork and pump out surplus to an even level for both legs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal