SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB750F1 Bike 2 Project Cafe style Orange and Black

(1/19) > >>

martin_uk:
As mentioned in my previous F1 project post, I bought another 2 dismantled bikes, for spares and hopefully build another bike, or maybe even 2 more  ;D

Here is the bike I am calling No.2 Ebay purchaseno2$_1 by nitram2010, on Flickr

I rebuilt the engine and used as temporary engine on first bike as its engine was quite bad and needs major attention.

In meantime, Pete on here sold me a dismantled engine which I can use on this project.

I am planning on a mild cafe racer style using standard tank, which I have already had painted.

2014_1205fparts0013 by nitram2010, on Flickr

and probably standard seat.

2014_1205fparts0010 by nitram2010, on Flickr

Whilst getting K8 bits powder coated, also got them to paint wheel rims from first bike, that I replaced.

2014_1212Kparts60009 by nitram2010, on Flickr

2014_1212Kparts60008 by nitram2010, on Flickr

Any views on whether to go with black zinc plated spokes, normal zinc or stainless?

Unfortunately cost is a consideration :-[

Trigger:
Careful with rims that have been power coated. Most of the time they blast then and throw a coat of powder on. To do this right you have to dip the rims to get the chrome off. Had a few wheels lose there powder on the tyre changer.

Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP):
Mind boggles with that Trig.Ok today we have tyre changer machines but what are they like with good old tyre levers?
Cheers
Bitsa

Trigger:

--- Quote from: Bitsa on December 12, 2014, 07:41:34 PM ---Mind boggles with that Trig.Ok today we have tyre changer machines but what are they like with good old tyre levers?
Cheers
Bitsa

--- End quote ---

Still have to use a tyre lever with a tyre changing machine.

Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP):
Really?I guess just for the initial start, if thats the case why spend a fortune on the hardware? :o
Cheers
Bitsa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version