Author Topic: Gripe about Dropbox  (Read 23 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Gripe about Dropbox
« on: Today at 07:19:44 AM »
I started with a free Dropbox account yonks ago and quickly needed more storage particularly hosting the manuals etc on here.

Everything worked OK until I ditched my local internet provider (KCom) and I lost my old email address.
I forgot to change over my email address to my new Gmail one and they keep asking me to verify my account by sending an email with a pass-code  to my old email address which I no longer have access to, before I can log in again.

Despite moaning to them and the case being escalated because I threatened to cancel my subscription (£120 p.a.)  if they don't sort it out and plaster their inadequacies all over social media, they won't allow me access to my account until I provide them with data I don't remember ... like 'the last file you uploaded' and  'exact joining date' etc. They refuse to send me a texted code like any other provider such as Lloyds Bank or HMRC do. I even sent them copies of proof of payment by PayPal for each moth but still they refuse to give me access to my account.

Anyone else have problems ? Suggestions?

Luckily I can access my Honda data by coming on here and using  my Dropbox links ... ludicrous !

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Gripe about Dropbox
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:14:56 AM »
Amazingly after a week and then posting on here just now it's sorted  ;D .... I just got this back.... despite the reply I gave them no further info than I did a week ago.

"Kindly note that your answers have passed our security checks so we have temporarily disabled the requirement to enter the one-time verification code, as an exceptional one time case."
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal