Author Topic: USE OF BUS LANES  (Read 410 times)

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: USE OF BUS LANES
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2024, 12:17:22 PM »
London's Mayor is up for election next week.

Sadiq the Idiot will only be in power if people vote him there. Or worse...don;t bother to vote, thus once more allowing a vocal minority who DO vote to dictate who is in power.
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

Offline Seabeowner

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2024, 07:53:52 PM »
Done.
Only bus lanes around here are Slough and they are all OK to use.
Phil
1971  CB500K0  Candy Jade Green or Candy Gold
1973  CB500K1  Candy Ruby Red
1975  CB550F1   Shiny Orange
1978  CB550K     Excel Black

Online Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2024, 08:04:40 PM »
London's Mayor is up for election next week.

Sadiq the Idiot will only be in power if people vote him there. Or worse...don;t bother to vote, thus once more allowing a vocal minority who DO vote to dictate who is in power.
I will be getting up bright and early to vote against this power freak!
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Today at 08:14:36 AM »
Done
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Today at 08:21:18 AM »
Done.
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Today at 10:43:57 AM »
Just thinking about this from a non bikers point if view as their opinion will be very relevant.

Having driven down to the centre of London last week in the car, I found it quite stressful as a country bumpkin!! There were a number of occasions when I really questioned the safety awareness of some of the delivery scooters. Cutting in front at some speed and then  moving into an adjacent lane with no notice (all in one move) etc. I am a biker and we all know there are some idiots out there just like the cars, vans and trucks.

I think if they had the freedom of the bus lane, some of the questionable bike driving would not be necessary.  Hopefully my other fear of cyclists being more exposed by motorbikes would be addressed by all us 2 wheelers being aware of our own vulnerability??
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Online Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #21 on: Today at 11:21:16 AM »

I think if they had the freedom of the bus lane, some of the questionable bike driving would not be necessary.  Hopefully my other fear of cyclists being more exposed by motorbikes would be addressed by all us 2 wheelers being aware of our own vulnerability??
As far as I've ever known since I returned to biking six years ago we are allowed in the bus lanes. The scooter delivery riders are mostly food express or worse, but certainly more law abiding than the average cyclist who seems to think the law is advisory only.
I rode as a realdespatch rider in the 1980-90s before technology broke the industry. Our mission was not very compatible with the law  ;)
I brake for animals!

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Today at 11:41:09 AM »

As far as I've ever known since I returned to biking six years ago we are allowed in the bus lanes. The scooter delivery riders are mostly food express or worse, but certainly more law abiding than the average cyclist who seems to think the law is advisory only.
I rode as a realdespatch rider in the 1980-90s before technology broke the industry. Our mission was not very compatible with the law  ;)

9/10 of the delivery scooter riders in London do not carry business insurance required by law if a vehicle is being used for business purposes. Therefore if you get hit by one of these idiots you are on your own. As for law abiding, no way. I was out walking a couple of weeks ago when I came across the road being dug up and a three way traffic light system was in operation. Two scooter riders could be bothered to wait and rode up on the pavement coming past me at 20-30mph. They ride around using their phones and disregard any road signs frequently riding in cycle lanes. The like of Deliveroo allow a scooter riders to have an account with them with up to 10 substitute riders on the same account. It is up to the account holder to check the substitutes have insurance and a licence etc, Deliveroo don't want to know as the rider is classed as self employed. This is where the illegals are finding easy work and this government allows it to go unchecked. The mayor of London bleating on about safer streets etc but he does nothing about this but turns a blind eye. I went to a neighborhood watch meeting two weeks ago and a number of women spoke up saying how they have ordered takeaways from Deliveroo and specifically asked for a female to deliver it, and the app shows the female rider but when it turns up it is delivered by a male.
These scooters are a menace, they are not interested in biking at all, they are a means to earn money with little outlay.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Online Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:45:41 PM »
These scooters are a menace, they are not interested in biking at all, they are a means to earn money with little outlay.
I know for a damn fact many are also on benefits too!
I brake for animals!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal