Author Topic: Posting pics.😡  (Read 83 times)

Offline Johnny4428

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Posting pics.😡
« on: Today at 07:46:52 AM »
Now I’m not that clever when it comes to posting pics and computer ma bobs! Up until now I have never had any problems posting up until recently. If there is anybody else here posting from an iPad which I normally use for browsing, forum etc you might have encountered the same issue. I normally have my iPhone on me so that’s what I use to take most of my pics then it automatically links and updates to my iPad. Up until recently I select a pic to attach to a post then at the bottom of the pic I had the option to resize - large, medium etc but now that option is gone.😡 Problem now is the photos are too large in format terms to post. I don’t really know if I’ve done something or was it after a software update? I have got round the issue I now have to screen shot and edit the pics to enable me to post. It’s a nuisance but more than one way to “skin a cat”! What a horrible saying! I’m too much of a pussy person to even considerate it!😂😂
1952 Cymoto on Triumph bicycle.
1961 Matchless G3
1974 Honda CB550K1. Running resto,
1978 Honda CB550K3.
1999 ST1100 Pan European 50th Anniversary.
1975,1980,1984,1986 Honda C90’s
1973 Honda CB750K3

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Posting pics.😡
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:42:14 AM »
I can't post piccies either - the ones my phone takes are always too big! No idea how to change that.🙁
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:25:57 AM »
I can't post piccies either - the ones my phone takes are always too big! No idea how to change that.🙁
Can't you transfer them to a PC or laptop where it might be easier? I never took photos with my secret smartphone, yes secret because it is for 999 and paypal verification mostly ....SHE doesn't know it exists. I hate the things so much I chucked the last one in the Thames!  ;D
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:34:05 AM »
Often easiest to use Flikr and paste the BB Code no resizing needed .
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Deano400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:56:36 AM »
I don’t know if this is your issue, but I had an issue with Iphone photos following an IOS update. Following the update my Iphone was saving the photos as HIEC files. I couldn’t look at these photos on my laptop unless I converted them to JPEG.

It’s a PITA as all existing photos have been converted to HIEC, I keep meaning to see if there is an easy way to change the saved HIEC photos back but haven’t had chance yet.

You can disable HEIC on your iPhone in Settings - Camera - Formats and selecting ‘Most Compatible’ instead of ‘High Efficiency.’ This will save all future photos in JPEG format.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:02:57 AM »
I often just do a screenshot using Snipping Tool in Windows. Resolute enough and not s massive file ... so posts easily.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 11:20:24 AM »
Johnny, on your iPhone can you change the camera resolution to a smaller file size? 3mb or less and they will then post ok. 🤞
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #7 on: Today at 12:14:35 PM »
There are websites that will convert HEIC to JPEG for free.

I’ve used them in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:29:26 PM »
Practice. That's a gsxr screen shot...all the screenshots are in kB but all my phone piccies are mb so maybe screenshots of photos are the way forward. What's the max size for piccies?
« Last Edit: Today at 12:33:59 PM by andy120t »
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal