Author Topic: K0 forks/rebound  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: K0 forks/rebound
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 11:46:06 AM »
Spot on Hairy they in my opinion the most reliable bikes I came across in my youth and worked on all of them including hair dryers.Christchurch was a place I looked forward to a night stop over in the days when I was drivers mate many a good memory from there.
Thanks
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 04:38:55 PM »
Totally agree mileage is meaningless on an old bike whose to say the speedo is correct.I commute on my k1 when I can it very rarely does less than 100 miles a day if I get to use it.
I'm on it meet wise looks like we will hopefully be doing a few runs next year as people seem fairly keen.

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 06:05:49 PM »
She's certainly well looked after! ::)
  Forks back on after confirming spring length, new stanchion and seals replaced. Just dropped sump to inspect for 'bits' after re sleeve on no 1 (due to being stored for along time and subsequent corrosion with valves open of course) and re honing with new rings 1000 miles ago. Other bits done including new T chain/tensioner. Nothing nasty thank God! I do feel for the other guy re the sheared dog on the previous thread and wish him the best with that he finds. Little or no damage I hope.
   Oil is very black after a short time since oil /filter change, however we're confident that it's been down to incredibly rich carbs, which have been a pig to set up, but now with them set up properly after overhaul, I am hoping for a better result being extensively run on the rolling road - will monitor!
    Sorry guys, gone off the thread a bit - I do get a little keen over these 750's!😍 great advice around the site, thanks.
    Nige.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal