Author Topic: Nothing bike related so sorry  (Read 4531 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing bike related so sorry
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 04:25:07 PM »
After pulling out the 10A Audio feed fuse and little charge left  in the battery last night,  it still turned over fine this morning. Not got the monitoring gear from work yet.

Thanks ...Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 08:04:05 AM »
Final update on this. Turned out it was the standard fitment, Blaupunkt radio/CD. It was intermittently changing from Radio to CD mode even when the ignition was turned off and when it does this it takes about 0.6 Amps. Bunged an old Philips unit from a Mitsubishi in it (with the Ashimoto Iphone etc. audio input mod  :D, to please daughter) and all is fine now. Cheers for all of your advice/comments. These electrical random faults are bu**ers to find sometimes.

Ash

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:10:00 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 08:59:57 PM »
Glad it's sorted I hate electrical issues my dads vectra is doing really random things now I suppose something has to give after 230k.

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 09:41:16 PM »
Glad it's sorted I hate electrical issues my dads vectra is doing really random things now I suppose something has to give after 230k.

Mick
My good lady had a diesel Vectra, oddly enough her one started messing around electrically when it hit 233k, if it's any consolation, it did carry on to 278k before the turbo bearings failed, would have been an easy fix, but her mum gave her a citroen, so it went for scrap :))
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »
It would be a shame to scrap it as it runs spot on luckily the ABS light went out just as it went for it's MOT strangely it came back on the second I got in it to drive home.

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 09:04:04 PM »
Well been a long time but this little ba*tard started totally discharging it's battery again culminating in me having to get the train to Leeds to bring it back to sort out. Finally found the problem today. The boot release switch had water ingress, which resulted in
a dead short and hence the ECU trying to constantly pulse the door solenoid and flattening the battery. What a poxy switch too-- a real disgrace to fit this in an auto application shame on you NISSAN. Anyway I fitted dual IP68 sealed buttons to it and potted it all in epoxy so should be OK now, If anyone else on here has this problem, PM me and I will send you a switch for free !  Genuine assembly part is £70 on eBay.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:14:34 AM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal