Author Topic: Newark show  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Newark show
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 02:49:45 PM »
that KO looked better than new,

but does it run?
has it any motor internals?

forgive my pet rant,but if I ran a "show" and awarded marks for excellence,40% would be awarded for the ability to ride around the show ground,

thats not to say I don't enjoy shiny new toys
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »
that KO looked better than new,

but does it run?
has it any motor internals?

forgive my pet rant,but if I ran a "show" and awarded marks for excellence,40% would be awarded for the ability to ride around the show ground,

thats not to say I don't enjoy shiny new toys

To be fair it was a really  nice job but you couldn't get close to it to properly examine it, as it was in the centre of the VJMC stand. The other bikes tendered to be around the outside with notices telling you the owner & history etc.  but I  couldn't see anything on the 750K0.  I asked if anyone on the stand was the owner, to have a yap with, but  nobody seemed to know whose it was. One guy muttered Henry St**bs or something?  Guess I am not going to criticize it,  because that's how mine will probably end up looking (although it will have a working engine  :D).
The bikes at Pickering show near me (actually a Steam Show) tend to be ridden around a field and announced, which I agree is real nice to see.

The best picture I have seen of an almost new one, 'in the day',  was the one of Dick Emery's Green/Blue bike on the cover of the Feb 71 MCM (which I posted on here once)
Ash

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 04:37:14 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »
thanks Ash,I remember you doing that,
but that is dated Feb '71,is it around now,how many miles does it do annually?

2 of my favorite musuens are the RAF Hendon,and Shuttleworth,

the former holds classic aircraft,but static and sterile,unable and unlikely ever to fly again,the later,with the aroma of castor oil,
has old aircraft that DO WHAT THEY WERE MADE FOR !!

they are lovingly maintained to fly,

the Motorcycle Museum near the NEC is the same,great bikes,but sterile,no atmosphere,all shiny,but captured.like having a zoo
full of stuffed animals !!!

LOL
sorry all
RANT over
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 05:59:47 PM »
Sammy Millers is the place to go for bikes that run. Last time I was there he got out a 250cc Triumph twin two stroke and ran it up.

Agree about the NEC.

Not been to Hendon but with a son in the RAF I guess it's only a matter of time.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 06:29:32 PM »
Sadly I think Dick Emery's K0 is long gone (BYU762H). But BYU765H in the same colour is still around  and taxed until 2015. It is pictured on the front of a magazine I have somewhere.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 08:58:11 PM »
I was at Newark today as well and asked at the 'On All Fours' stand for some bits, I thought that I had somehow offended the mardy sod, wont bother him again  the funny thing was the show had only been open for an hour so God knows what he would have been like by closing time.

Ha HA !!   glad it's not just me then. Someone came to his stand at Stafford a couple of years back and offered him a 400/4 engine(looked pretty good to me)  for next to nothing, which he had brought to Stafford and didn't want to take home with him. He got the same treatment too ..... like NO !!  and 'sod off' attitude. Thing is he had a load of magazines that were the cheapest there 3 for 2 quid. I think he must just buy stuff from DS (possibly at trade) and mark it up. There is also funny little guy from Lancashire called Les I believe who hawks the same stuff around the shows  at silly prices and never seems to sell 'owt.
There was another guy there selling literature, old magazines etc who was totally OCD about everything being left in chronological order and watched you like a hawk to make sure you were not jumbling things up at an 'autojumble' sale ::)

I know nothing about the chap above you are referring to but if he's like that with Men, I bet he wouldn't lower himself to breathe the same air as us girls with bikes , sounds like a right sad old sod  ;D ;D ;D
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 11:30:51 AM »
Julie
Me meeting with him could be shall I say interesting I just love ignorant gits NOT >:(
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 07:12:30 PM »
Life is too short to be ignorant and miserable, WTF is it with some people
pete

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 07:59:35 PM »
Dont know Pete I just play at the part but with most souls its green eyed monsters which I am not ;)
Cheers
Ralph
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal