Author Topic: Speedo drive eliminator  (Read 2645 times)

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Speedo drive eliminator
« on: January 10, 2015, 11:21:57 AM »
Hi all,
I'm replacing the speedo and tachometer gauges with an electronic unit, so I'd like to eliminate the speedo drive on the front wheel.  I've found one from Powerbarn in the U.S. but they don't ship internationally.  I dont have a lathe to machine my own, you guys have a more local solution?

Thanks again for the help!

Also - stock gauges are up for grabs if anyone is interested.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Speedo drive eliminator
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 02:49:36 PM »
Have you spoken to anyone at Power Barn ? I am 80% sure that i have had parts from them before.
Now 100%, i had some Buchanan spokes from them 2 years ago. Not sure if they have changed there shipping policy. sales@power-barn.com
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:59:52 PM by Trigger »

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »
Will give it a try!

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 05:48:22 PM »
I would immagine you'd just need a spacer? surely easy enough to get done...
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »
Have you spoken to anyone at Power Barn ? I am 80% sure that i have had parts from them before.
Now 100%, i had some Buchanan spokes from them 2 years ago. Not sure if they have changed there shipping policy. sales@power-barn.com
You're right, they do ship to the U.K.  Hurts a bit to pay $19 shipping for an item only costing $28... might hold fire on that for now.   

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 05:50:14 PM »
I would immagine you'd just need a spacer? surely easy enough to get done...
There's a machine shop down the road, might speak to the guys there.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »
I would be interested to know what they charge, being nosey. I have a lathe and find it invaluable, but time consuming and never know what a fair price should be if others want jobs doing.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 09:02:00 PM »
I would be interested to know what they charge, being nosey. I have a lathe and find it invaluable, but time consuming and never know what a fair price should be if others want jobs doing.
I'll let you know what they charge once I find out.  They're a great bunch of guys.  They're called RunRiot Motorcycles and build their own bikes as well as doing fabrication for others.  They've agreed to build me a custom stainless 4 into 1 exhaust for my project for a fair price, and their work seems top notch.

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 11:15:49 PM »
Charged me £20 and gave me a beer while I waited.  Nice service if you ask me!

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 11:21:14 PM »
First rate! is it basically just a spacer 5mm wall or thereabouts or does it have a flange to cover the cosmetic hole kinda 2 inch washer....

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 11:30:02 PM »
I asked them to keep it full diameter, so it covers the hole and will keep all the road grime out of the bearing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal