Other Stuff > What is it?

Where does this bit go?

(1/3) > >>

Drew400:
Hi all,

According to my parts catalogue, this part is called a 'stay, speed unit' (#38555-377-000). However, I can't make out where it goes nor do my inadequate photos of the dismantle help me.

Can you help?

Also, where does the attached green wire go?

Ta, D.

Nurse Julie:
Would you believe it, I was only looking at that on mine yesterday. It goes under the top bit of frame, just under where rubber mount is for the tank on the left side (N/S). I have that bit attached, but nothing attached to it and I don't even know what a speed unit is !!!. Can't take pic as nowhere near bike

Drew400:
Hi Nurse Julie,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll have another trawl through my photos now that, with your help, I know where to look.

Cheers,

A.

AshimotoK0:
see
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=7061.0

is it the bracket that the rubber strap thingy with wire loops on it  clips onto (bit like a battery strap)

The only other thing is some JDM bikes have a speed indicator lamp  on them and this could be to hold the relay for that's rubber mount loop.

Ash

Chris400F:
Hi Drew,
The photo shows the part in situ on my bike - easy for me to look at as the tank is off at the moment.
There is also part 99 shown in the parts list called 'Band, Wire Harness' which looks like it should go between this part
and a corresponding hook on the frame. There isn't one on my bike.
I think the wire is the earth connector for the horn - on my bike it is fitted under the coil mount.
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version