Author Topic: Nice Project 350  (Read 2615 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Nice Project 350
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:58:31 AM »
This looks a decent project bike for someone as the condition reminds me of the 350 twin I got from them last year. Initially, It looks tatty but look at the state of the chrome on it  (rims guards etc. ). Thing is it does not have standard exhausts but if it did it woud be advertised at a much higher price but the exhausts would probably  still need expensive rechroming, if you can find someone to do it. ( have been quoted 125GBP each for my CB350 twin ones C/W downpipe but only after he has left them  filled with hot caustic soda  for a month).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Honda-CB350F0-Four-Unregistered-US-Import-Barn-Find-Classic-Restore-Spares-/311301707524?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item487b071704

Ash
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:29:40 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Nice Project 350
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:38:22 AM »
Good value compared with the 550 and 750 four, are they nice to ride?
pete

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »
Certainly good value at the start price.  Would want to see the front down tube,as the forks are bent, but new frames are still available from DS.  All other stuff is still out there at reasonable prices.  Even the copy exhausts are not too bad.
They are delightful bikes to ride, I still prefer mine to my 400/4's
Just slightly better mannered and the riding position is better for me.  5 speeds suit better too.
See if you can get a ride on one and then steal that one from DK.  If you are passing by Orkney you can have a go on mine  :)

Ian

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:18:25 AM »
Yes maybe not so good seeing as its been front ended
pete

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 09:40:05 AM »
I have a new set of 4-4 pipes (sankei repro's) in the boxes if anyone needs them?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 10:07:38 AM »
I have a new set of 4-4 pipes (sankei repro's) in the boxes if anyone needs them?

Are they going free James ;D

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 10:55:45 AM »
Errr, free in the sense that they are 'available' and free for someone to make me a sensible offer for them :-). Boxed, brand new and never used...

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 11:51:00 AM »
Bummer .. should have looked closer at front end..maybe not so good then. I know someone who has a minter and he's a big sandcast and 400/4 man. He says the 350F is an absolute  delight to ride but gutless. The power output is 34 bhp but my \69 350K1 twin which is in fact only 325cc but develops 36 bhp. My point on this bike though is that if DK ever list a bike have a look at the wheel rims as it's usually a good indication of the rest of the chrome. Those two guys who do the eBay bike sales there are really helpful and honest.. a breath of fresh air really compared with other 'traders'. If a bike doesn't sell call them as soon as the auction finishes and ask for a deal. What I find is they sometimes list a bike, it doesn't sell on eBay 1st time around  then second time it goes for good money with several bidders.

Ash
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:00:02 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 01:13:32 PM »
The frames are almost identical around the headstock as 400, so quite strong, but it still needs stanchions and possibly yokes.  Paint and decals are easy so just an exhaust system really.  Hope the mice have left the seat!

As we all know though, it soon adds up to big numbers, depending on how fussy you are for originality and you can still buy a minter for around 3k  Still like 'em though!
Ian

Offline petersy

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »
This looks a decent project bike for someone as the condition reminds me of the 350 twin I got from them last year. Initially, It looks tatty but look at the state of the chrome on it  (rims guards etc. ). Thing is it does not have standard exhausts but if it did it woud be advertised at a much higher price but the exhausts would probably  still need expensive rechroming, if you can find someone to do it. ( have been quoted 125GBP each for my CB350 twin ones C/W downpipe but only after he has left them  filled with hot caustic soda  for a month).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Honda-CB350F0-Four-Unregistered-US-Import-Barn-Find-Classic-Restore-Spares-/311301707524?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item487b071704

Ash

You can get some good projects at DK Motorcycles. I have recently purchased a CB550 from them and it is coming along nicely. You do have to do the maths with regard to renovating though. The carburetors, and engine are the main concern, as if the bike is a US import, it could have been standing for years, so it is best if you can visit the showroom to check out the bike first and make a list of what you will have to spend on it.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »
The front end would not bother me as there is a firm in maidstone kent that you take the whole front end to them and they straighten it all for less than 200 squid.Although not a bad looking bike Ash is right nice ride but gutless thats why honda bored them out and its now a cb400/4.The cb350 was better
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal