Author Topic: Tank badges  (Read 7805 times)

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Tank badges
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 07:50:59 PM »
Glad they stuck it's pretty sticky stuff when warmed up.
I guess your after the trim without the black strip.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Honda-CB750-Four-K0-molding-trim-trims-tank-sandcast-69-/290454593313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item43a0715f21

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »
Many thanks Mick. God, this site is soooooo good and saves me soooooo much time with all your experiences and fab tips etc enabling me overcome this final unexpected hurdle! The painters have possibly lost 'em now...😞
   Will await a phone call. But now have a contingency plan.. Firing her up for the first time since Oct rolling road work and balancing, tomorrow. (Although they'll be out balalance within a few hundred miles no doubt..!!) back on the road very soon.😊
    Thanks,
     Nige.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 12:38:20 AM »
Been on holiday last 7 days Nige .. still need your address.

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 04:56:31 PM »
Ash, many thanks for all your support but all sorted now!😀 will bear your ingenious idea in mind for the future should any problems pop up.
  Hope you had a good hol.
  Nige.

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »
Trying to remain on the the theme of tank badges.
   Does anyone know how I get to fit the the lower trims on the K0 tank? I have taken delivery of them from Germany, www.ac-motorrradeile.de and they just won't fits over the 4 'lugs' welded onto the base of the tank. They 'ping off'! The strip just isn't big enough and pliable enough to fit over them. Even when I force them over the lugs the trims are not flush with tank. These are the trims that have no black strip in them of course. How do I 'glue' them on? Do I soak these stops/trims in hot water? But how do they stay on? These are £35.00 new and I found a pair on eBay NOS for a K0 for £130.00!!!
   Is ther a special technique for getting these trims on these tanks?
   These were lost in the paint shop, hence the problem. This is the last piece of restoration! It's never over until the fat lady...!
   Thanks guys for any help here...
    Nige.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 06:10:39 PM »
Thought they were supposed to just clip on with the welded on clips on the bottom of the tank. I just use mini (BL not modern)  chrome trim cut down on one side  .. as do a few ace restorers and sandcast gurus. Freddie used to sell the same but at a silly price.

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 07:15:03 PM »
Does anyone know how I get to fit the the lower trims on the K0 tank?
;)
try and soak em in boiling water for a few mins makes them i bit more flexible.
i aint gone down the road of the mini trim yet , although i do have some here from my old cooper s days
wish i had that car now they picking up over 30k
 i wont  say what i sold mine for :-[

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »
Thanks.
  Will try to soak them in hot water but still don't see they hold on? Pain... May have to have a chat with a well reputed local trim man...
   Nige. Other ideas?

Offline hondaking

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2015, 10:21:23 PM »
Its a good job there are some of us old school engineers around Ash what would people do without us lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal