Author Topic: Original Finish  (Read 3891 times)

Online JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Original Finish
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 08:47:21 PM »
Such a beautiful bike Mick. Has to be the best K0 in the uk at the moment...

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 09:10:07 PM »
Agreed but the 500 miler  only that  Bob Heath (of visor fame!) got that was found languishing at Honda's HQ unloved must be the 2nd !

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline kettle738

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 07:16:28 AM »

Thanks for that, she is very nice, but I would never consider this bike the best.......every year something deteriorates and it's all so gradual you don't really notice until you see a fresh resto........and this one was done a very long time ago; I've just spent my time on details and refreshing certain parts......even riding it occasionally.

I'd like to see that 500 miler though.....original and unrestored......and nice..... is where it's at, but that is so hard to find and even harder to keep it that way.

Mick..........kettle738

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 11:28:03 AM »
Here goes Mick.. The scans were 15meg each ... wish James would show me how to .pdf them    ;)  !

I got an email from Bob the owner only  last year saying the bike is still below 600 miles. Evidently the boss at Honda UK at the time,  Roger Etchell (David Silver's mate :)   ... saw it during a routine Honda  dealer visit  and bought it for a proposed museum at Honda HQ in Chiswick  that never materialised , the bike was  then move to a Honda place in   Nottingham and then sold off to Bob Heath.  Roger now runs his own resto/parts company www.honda-classics.co.uk ...I got a 1/68 CB250SS original Owners Manual from him last year.

Ash

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »
JUST NOTICED THERE IS A VITAL PAGE MISSING>>> WILL SCAN IT & UPDATE.

Plus these which took me over the 5 attachment limit !

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:38:36 AM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal