Author Topic: Fitting of the tanks lower trims.  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Fitting of the tanks lower trims.
« on: April 17, 2015, 05:00:51 PM »
Hi all.
  Need your help again! Has anyone any experience of fitting the lower tanks trims? I see that my K0 has a unique part number. Are they different from K1/2/3/4's? I just can't work out how these trims are able fit into the 4 welded slots at the base of the tank? They face outwards. (It would work if they face vertically downwards) The trims I have supplied from Germany have a sever 'U' shape and just won't even look at these slots. I need a trim that has a sort of 90 degree angle to slide into these slots and then we may a flush fit? I have left them in boiling hot water and still do not become pliable. My last piece after a 2 year ongoing restoration and still the old girls baffles me! Thanks for any advice once again guys.
  Nige.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting of the tanks lower trims.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 06:18:33 PM »
Hi Nige the KO trims don't have the Black line on them like the K1 etc , and they are just a push fit onto the petrol tank seam, I just used some clear silicone to help keep them in place  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 06:32:02 PM »
Hi Nige are they like my K1 tank trims but without the black.

Mick

Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 06:48:36 PM »
 ;) as you say your k0 tank trims are like a letter"U"
they should be more like a letter"J"
and the lower side fits under the tank while the wider side will fit on the outside
the parts you have will not be genuine Honda parts they stopped makeing them many years ago ,they are aftermarket ones not a very good fit at all you may have to trim one side to fit properly and you will probably have to soak them in boiling water for a while to get them to bend. if you have a old tank then force them on that first
BTW be very careful with the stanley knife and count your fingers when you finished  :'(

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 10:20:11 PM »
Thanks guys. Hmmmm.....
   Nige.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal