Author Topic: DSS Price reductions Mudguard and Generator covers  (Read 895 times)

Offline martin_uk

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
DSS Price reductions Mudguard and Generator covers
« on: April 19, 2015, 12:16:21 PM »
Noticed price for genuine later front mudguard dropped to £125 plus vat, so decided to buy one.

Replica is £95

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750F1-%28Single-overhead-cam%29/part_7027/

Also generator cover reduced to £72 plus vat as finish on underside poor.

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750F1-%28Single-overhead-cam%29/part_7036/

"For some time these have been coming from Honda with surface marks on the side and underside to varing degrees, this is believed to be something that has occurred during the lacquering process. We have decided not to return these under a warranty claim,
the fear is that Honda would withdraw any remaining stock and discontinue the part. Therefore we can only supply them in the condition as pictured. "

Everyone of my bikes came with damaged covers, so bought 2 ::)

The finish is not bad and basically is not polished to same level on underside as the top and price about half what it was, so if you are not too fussy, get them whilst available 8)
1977 CB750F1
1977 CB750f1 836
1978 CB750F1
1975 CB500K1

Triumph Street Triple 675R
Ducati 800 Icon Scrambler
Triumph 3TA
AJS 350 mod16
BSA BantamD1
Honda C90zz
Honda CB500X
BSA WD B40 350

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: DSS Price reductions Mudguard and Generator covers
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 12:38:48 PM »
When I first bought my 750K0 I bought a new Genuine front guard (K0/K1/early K2) version from Silvers but when I ran my finger down the chrome you could feel imperfections in it so I returned it. Of the other 14 he had in stock at the time, they only found one perfect one and I got the same story that if they complained to Honda about the quality  there was the underlying fear  that they would just discontinue supply of the part  concerned. I think a lot of people wax on too much about trying to achieve the original look of Honda chrome. Let's face it, it was always crap &  poorly finished with linish marks in it, not made to last much longer than the 1 year warranty period ( a lot of it didn't even last that long hence the 1970 'Muffler warranty replacement programme'. After I saw a 'blingy' 750K0 on the VJMC stand at Newark in January, which looked absolutely stunning, I have changed my stance and aim to get my chroming done to look as perfect as possible (the way Honda should have done it in the first place).
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal