Other Stuff > Interchangeability

CB650 comstar interchangeability

(1/4) > >>

Nanospasm:
Hi all, my intention is to do a spoke conversion on my comstar wheels. I have purchased a 16"stainless steel rim for the rear now I need a donor wheel to chop the hub from. I have been looking on the bay of e and there are a few on there but wondered if say a cm400 or cb250 rear wheel would also fit. Remember I only need the actual hub so rim size is inconsequential. Cheers and thanks for taking the time :)

ka-ja:
Hi,
    I have done this exercise on my motor, the critical bits are axle size, distance pieces and sprocket alignment, therefore it is easiest to use a "hub" salvaged from the correct comstar for your bike, they look nice when finished-good luck

matthewmosse:
In the past I have put a cb650 comstar into a cb550, and cb500, a really easy swap, slots streight in so the reverse should be true I would think. Cb500 or 550 hubs crack their brake linings moderately easily, it is a moderately easy fix if you have a lathe or there is a guy out there who does this proffessionally. Get the matching brake plate off the same bike if possible, there are different patterns out there, wrong one will result in the wheel not turning once the rear axle is tightened, or having to file metal off the thing or having to juggle a washer into the gap betwixt the hub and back plate.

taysidedragon:
Cafe Racer Kits do a comstar to spoke wheel conversion kit.
Bit pricey, but probably the easiest way to do it.  :)

Nighthawk:

Not wishing to highjack anyone's post, but, excellant steer to 'Cafe Racer Kits', thank you.

Has anyone on here used them for modifying Comstars ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version