Author Topic: CB400 four main bearings  (Read 1759 times)

Offline ColCB400 4

• View Profile
CB400 four main bearings
« on: April 09, 2015, 07:47:17 PM »
I needed to replace my crank, one of the journals was shot with a groove for the oil way. very poor.
I bought a crank off ebay and has no wear or none that I can see even the typical banding where the oil way goes is just noticeable. I have the bearings from the crank and they are only showing very slight wear so all in all I was lucky and its all tip top. the bearings are all jumbled up and I don't have the codes for the cases the crank came from.

My Crank case codes are BBBAA (the cases I am going to use)
Crank numbers are 11111
manual states Green for the BBB
and Yellow for the AA

I cant get any yellow shells
Question, does anyone know where I can get some yellow shells from
Question, will it matter if I put green in throughout, I assume 2 of the bearings will be tight but will it matter.

I was very reliably informed that it shouldn't matter if I run it in carefully but logic suggests that I am doing something fundamentally wrong, but I am running out of options.
I have spoken to crank grinders to remove 0.01mm off the two journals but they don't want to touch it.
It seems insane to try to ream out the cases so I have BBBBB across the whole series of bearings

Any advice

Offline ColCB400 4

• View Profile
Re: CB400 four main bearings
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 09:58:21 AM »
Thanks for reply Oddjob

I managed to source some from Texas, hope they will be delivered in maybe three weeks, I knew it was the right thing to do.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal