Author Topic: Anyone Going to stafford Today Check these out on DSS Stand  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Going to stafford Today Check these out on DSS Stand
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 05:01:33 PM »
Went Sunday.  Good event. Yes saw the sloper, spooky really. Before seeing it and totally cooincidently,  I was just saying to a mate "remember my old CD175, they did one with a sloped forward engine, better looking in my opinion etc". Looked accross and saw it! On a stand with a not too special RD400 at £3500!

Hondawise did anyone see the oh so rough 350/4. Out of interest  I asked the price £1000!

Anyone see the v6 trident based motor up with the race stuff. Also DOHC gear grafted on via belt drive. Seriously well done.

Yes good day.

Tim
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »
I saw a very rough Honda 350 (four) outside, very faded blue/greenish tank, no seat cover and plenty of rust...if its the one, then I think the seller will be stuck with it for £1K

Alan
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 08:04:26 PM »
Yes that 350/4 was dog rough. Far better ones available from DK
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »
Guess they must have had them down for someone at dinner time. I had a real good look in the boxes in the corner and I'm sure I would have spotted them. £150 sounds like a good price, was that for the pair or each.

Not sure if pair or each Roy as I have never owned a 500/4 and didn't take much notice of them ( ridden one though..in fact the 1st 4 I ever rode) and fond of them...but you can have too many projects  :)
Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 10:04:14 PM »
Yeah had a real good luck at the rough 350. Nothing left on the thing that was realistically worth salvaging. Didn't bother asking the price but its not worth 1k. As usual at Stafford, traders bring all the crap they cant sell anywhere else and mark it up to a stupid degree. And still they buy it? ??? ?
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Saisei

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
I think that z900 was a bargain imho...

Certainly tidy for the price. I think this is the same Z1 that is on Ebay at the moment

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal