SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

1970 CB750 K0 - light restoration

<< < (3/5) > >>

Tiny Tim:
James can you give an idea on how much you pay for the frame painting etc. I've asked a couple of places near me for a quote but no one has given me a straight answer.
Cheers
Tim

JamesH:
Hi Tim. Well the blasting is about £100-120 and the painting is £250-350 depending on prep required. That's based on two coats of zinc etch priming and then the semi-gloss. Having said that the painter is doing me a favour and doesn't normally do (or want to do) bike frames - so I don't think he'll be open to me passing on details.....

mike the bike:
I've just stripped down my GS650G Katana prior to powder coating.   Plenty evidence of MIG wire about,  which I ground off.
Dropped the frame, yokes, various brackets, footrests etc, got quoted £190 but I knocked him down to £160.
It's still more than I thought,  so I weighed in all my scrap stainless and wash pumps and got  £90 for the lot.
Roll on Monday when I can collect it all.

Tiny Tim:
Thanks for the info James. I'm sure I can find a local painter, but as I said before they're not very forthcoming with prices for some reason. There is a local blasting company who offer a same day service. So I'm half way there.

JamesH:
Yeah it's a tricky one to price I think - most painters want to see the condition of the frame so they know how much rectification is needed to get a quality finish I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version