Author Topic: CB750K7 Fitting DS regulator/rectifer. Re-assurance required ;-)  (Read 900 times)

Offline ginger_jim

• SOHC Member
  • Anyone for a Guinness?
    • View Profile
Hi all, bit confused about fitting.   :o  So after taking off the original units I have plugged in the new combined unit block connector.  I now have the black, white and green regulator female spade connectors and also another green female spade that would have earthed the original rectifier 'hangin lose'  The new combined unit has a black and red cable which splits to make two spade connectors. Im assuming that connecting these to the black and white regulator connectors is all i need to do, and the two green earth spades which would have earthed the original units are now redundant because earthing the new unit is taken care of by the green in the main block?

Dont panic!  I have a very good tested earth

Cheers

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: CB750K7 Fitting DS regulator/rectifer. Re-assurance required ;-)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 03:34:28 PM »
That sounds correct, if there's any spare leads off the old reg floating about, make sure they're taped up.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline ginger_jim

• SOHC Member
  • Anyone for a Guinness?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 04:14:20 PM »
The instructions you get with the unit have been translated by someone with a questionable knowledge of the English vocabulary, not particularly confidence inspiring!   ;D

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 05:38:21 PM »
Hi Jim,

Sounds all good - my only reservation being that you have 2 earth spades 'floating' free. Certainly the old earth to your regulator is redundant, but I think the earth to the old rectifier is shared with the alternator field coil.... & so should be properly connected.

This said, I'm working from CB400F / 750K2 diagrams... but all in all they all seem pretty standard in the charging department.

Simon

Offline ginger_jim

• SOHC Member
  • Anyone for a Guinness?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 07:28:52 PM »
Hi Simon, my theory was that the combined unit must use a common earth and there is a green going into the block so i reckon its all fine.

Cheers  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal