Author Topic: CB 750 four link carburettor can not run at low rpm.  (Read 1379 times)

Offline sand5858

• View Profile
CB 750 four link carburettor can not run at low rpm.
« on: May 25, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »
CB 750 sandcast can not idle at low rpm.

I have tried to adjust the throttle cable up through the throttle but it seems to adjust well beyond. I have adjusted the air screws around one turn out. Is there anyone who can come up with good advice to my carb problem.
Tony
Denmark

Offline neat street

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: CB 750 four link carburettor can not run at low rpm.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 06:02:36 PM »
Hi, I am not 100% sure, and I no the gurus will be able to help better, but the two possible options are (if available on your model) the stop screw on the carb holder plate/stay, this can be adjusted to increase idle, or when balancing the carbs, if your has the lock nut and adjustable nut to set the balancing, this too can be set to raise the needle higher, thus increasing the idle? but wait for the top members to confirm.
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb750k0-four-general-export_model14352/partslist/E26.html#results
No 4 and No 40
good luck
John
CB500 1973
CB750F 1976
KLX250 1983
Lambretta SX200
Mini Mayfair 1984

Offline david451

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:24:38 PM »
Hi, I am not 100% sure, and I no the gurus will be able to help better, but the two possible options are (if available on your model) the stop screw on the carb holder plate/stay, this can be adjusted to increase idle, or when balancing the carbs, if your has the lock nut and adjustable nut to set the balancing, this too can be set to raise the needle higher, thus increasing the idle? but wait for the top members to confirm.
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb750k0-four-general-export_model14352/partslist/E26.html#results
No 4 and No 40
good luck
John

Could be several things that affect idle speed and not just carburators.

Is it running on all 4 cylinders ie all 4 exhausts hot.

Is timing ok and points and condensers ok.

Is it drawing air, spray some wd40 or something similar around manifold rubbers then around each carb in turn. it will increase revs if drawing air.

Is the smoke ok out exhausts or is one or more carbs running rich or weak also check spark plugs all should be a nice light brown colour.

The simple thing is that you are not adjusting the idle screw on the carb or carbs mine has one screw/hand wheel that adjusts all four. if you are turning the mixture all over the place then that's wrong any more than a half turn then something is wrong.

try these and see how you get on.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 07:20:48 AM »
CB 750 sandcast can not idle at low rpm.

I have tried to adjust the throttle cable up through the throttle but it seems to adjust well beyond. I have adjusted the air screws around one turn out. Is there anyone who can come up with good advice to my carb problem.
Tony
Denmark

Check the slow jets, there should be a small spider in the jet. Some people clean these out with a drill bit and destroy the spider or what ever it is called. Check that the slow jet is not blocked, had one yesterday that would not tick over due to this problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal