Author Topic: Return of the Foale  (Read 1753 times)

Offline RupertB

• SOHC Associate
  • If a hammer won't fix it, then it's electrical.
    • View Profile
Return of the Foale
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:05:59 PM »
I can't find my old thread, but some of you may remember my Foale framed CB750 project - the avatar shows it before stripdown, and by spring last year it had progressed very well and rather expensively, so much so that work went on hold while I frittered money on irrelevancies like children and food. Anyway it now looks like work can restart and with luck it may see the completion of this thing during the summer. The biggest remaining hurdle is cutting and brazing the Swarbrick CR750 exhausts to route round the sidestand, and to make the 'silencers' (notthe  most accurate description...) sweep up a bit and avoid the swinging arm. In summary it is now a Wiseco 836cc motor with a close ratio box of unknown origin, CR29 Keihin carbs, a lumpy camshaft of unknown make, Lockheed calipers on custom mounts, and a Rickman-based fuel tank with oil tank within, beautifully made by Holtworks of Essex.
I'll try to keep the board updated with progress anyway. Safe riding folks!
Author of 'Prisoners Property and Prostitutes' by Tom Ratcliffe. You'll enjoy it and I need the money.

Offline haynes66

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Foale
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:24:34 PM »
i like that. keep the pictures coming.
honda firestorm
silverwing 600 scooter
honda britain project
phil read rep project
YGS1 80cc yamaha
LE Velocette

Offline Tiny Tim

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »
Cool looking bike.
The tank is very nice.

Offline RupertB

• SOHC Associate
  • If a hammer won't fix it, then it's electrical.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »
A couple more to be going on with - side view showing the De Carbon shock which Gremlin Racetech managed to source, which is the type as fitted originally, and one showing the delightful brake caliper mounts. These were taken a while ago but as explained already, it has gone on hold for a year or two. I don't mind putting a project on ice for a bit, but this bike spent 17 years in a back garden under a tarpaulin before I got hold of it so it would be a shame not to see it through!
Author of 'Prisoners Property and Prostitutes' by Tom Ratcliffe. You'll enjoy it and I need the money.

Offline Liam

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 08:17:38 PM »
fabulous looking bike!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal