Author Topic: White deposits in carbs from Ultra Sonic cleaner  (Read 9285 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: White deposits in carbs from Ultra Sonic cleaner
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2015, 08:18:24 AM »
That's very interesting Ash. I thought I had cracked it yesterday with the carb cleaner and high pressure air. This morning the white deposits were back again, albeit less, so tonight I filled up a 60ml syringe with petrol and have been flushing the carbs through with that.  I will let you know what I find in the morning.
Regards
Julie

Julie if you have access to an air line then you could always make yourself a little soda blaster out of  a piece of Nylon pipe and an air blow gun. Not tried it myself ... one of the many 'projects' on my 'to do' list.

A bit 'Blue Peter' from someone who spent his formative years perving over the female presenters.... Must dig out my George the tortoise from the loft made out of an old woolen glove and some uncooked rice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULVhW2tw4I

Ash
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:29:18 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2015, 08:59:23 AM »
I thought the tortoise was called Fred?

Or Freda, once they discovered he was a girl and managed to fit the extra "A" on the painted shell.
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 09:29:33 AM »
That's very interesting Ash. I thought I had cracked it yesterday with the carb cleaner and high pressure air. This morning the white deposits were back again, albeit less, so tonight I filled up a 60ml syringe with petrol and have been flushing the carbs through with that.  I will let you know what I find in the morning.
Regards
Julie

Julie if you have access to an air line then you could always make yourself a little soda blaster out of  a piece of Nylon pipe and an air blow gun. Not tried it myself ... one of the many 'projects' on my 'to do' list.

A bit 'Blue Peter' from someone who spent his formative years perving over the female presenters.... Must dig out my George the tortoise from the loft made out of an old woolen glove and some uncooked rice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULVhW2tw4I

Ash
That looks simple enough Ash. The petrol I used last night has definately removed more of the deposits than the carb cleaner did but it will be intersting to see if any more deposits appear throughout the day.
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 09:49:34 AM »
I thought the tortoise was called Fred?

Or Freda, once they discovered he was a girl and managed to fit the extra "A" on the painted shell.

You might be correct for our era Steve but my 25 (now) daughter got me to make George for her about 18 years ago, so he was probably a later  replacement for Fred(A). Bloody hell I said I would come back on here in the New Year and cut the banter and now we are talking about Blue Peter's tortoise.. Sorry Ralph !
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2015, 10:22:46 AM »
Banter makes the world go around.

It would be really dull if we only talked about bikes (a bit like chatting to TwoTired on the US forum...)
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 10:50:18 AM »
No worries Ash, life is too short to worry about it and as Steve says it would become very dull ;) ;)
Cheers
Ralph
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Tazaud

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2015, 10:00:30 PM »
From what i have read after just purchasing an ultrasonic cleaner, water quality used in the cleaner is also apparently an important factor.
De-ionized water seems the way to go. more info on this page: http://blog.omegasonics.com/archives/de-ionized-water-ultrasonic-cleaning-system

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2015, 07:51:22 AM »
I used water out of the dehumidifier in the house, almost distilled water I'm told. Works very well though. As Ash says, with a drop of fairy liquid.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2015, 09:41:12 AM »
You could also use condensate from a condensing tumble dryer or the ice that collects on the evaporator in a freezer.  Or buy a bag of ice from Asia.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 08:15:53 AM »
You could also use condensate from a condensing tumble dryer or the ice that collects on the evaporator in a freezer.  Or buy a bag of ice from Asia.

Was that Asia or Asda Mike, seems a very  long way to go for ice  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal